Author Topic: Pippa is on three legs  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Pippa is on three legs
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 10:28:15 PM »
I've had the same thing with Caoimhe last night and today, got her back from a pretty high-speed training session after work last night and noticed she was favouring her back left leg. Within a couple of hours she wasn't putting it down at all so I poked and prodded and flexed all the joints and thought it might be her paw as she would lick her lips when I pressed her toes and the side of her foot. She wasn't overly bothered by it though and was fine in herself, no yelping or feeling sorry for herself, she was running around as much as usual just on 3 legs. I called the vet just in case and they said to keep her still overnight (luckily it was overnight as that's the only time she is still :005:) and call back in the morning if she was no better. They mentioned a possible infection due to foreign body or the dreaded 'c' word which of course got me worrying even though I was pretty sure it was her paw and not her leg. She was still hopping this morning so I took her in and it's her metatarsal on the outside toe. It's not broken but she's caught and twisted the toe or something and the joint is a bit swollen and obviously sore. She's on Metacam and rest (ha! ph34r) for a few days but it looks like she's done something more dramatic with the hopping around on 3 legs!

Sorry to hear about Caoimhe but am glad it wasn't anything more serious. I am sure Pippa just has a very low pain threshold. She is being very good so far about taking it easy and just enjoying cuddles and pampering. Are you managing to get Caiome to stay still?

Er... no :lol2: Caoimhe doesn't do still or calm so I knew I was on a hiding to nothing with that! She's still zipping around at 100mph, just on 3 legs ::) I won't exercise her for a couple of days, she'll be like Tigger on speed but hopefully the swelling will go down. Hope Pippa is feeling better soon :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 07:00:37 AM »
I hope Pippa and Caoimhe are both feeling better today x

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 06:55:40 PM »
Thanks, Debbie. Pippa does seem much better. We're going timo go to the NW COL meet tomorrow and see how she goes.