Author Topic: Willow was attacked tonight and was quite shaken :-(  (Read 5627 times)

Offline maddy74

Willow was attacked tonight and was quite shaken :-(
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:44:46 AM »
Willow was attacked tonight by my neighbours friends dog that is known to be aggressive. I'm so angry and upset.

Willow was squatting in the front garden to have a wee when the bloody thing came out of no where with teeth showing and went straight in to bite her at the back end.  >:D >:D It started really ragging her and she was really crying it was awful. I tried to move it off but it continued..... The cries from Willow were painful  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I then lifted Willow and it continued to jump up at her snarling catching my leg in the process. It then got hold of Willows ear and was ragging it. All I could see was Willow head being pulled as she cried, it was horrific.  :'( :'( I really thought her ear was going to get bitten off.

I screamed and my OH came rushing and as he had to physically remove the dog he slipped over. He now has a very swollen foot and cannot walk as his foot twisted as he fell.

Willow shook as we took her inside and continued to shake.... It was so upsetting.  :'( Luckily all she has is a slight bite mark on the inside of her ear and nothing more and nothing on her back end. She was so lucky I was expecting something far worse

It was dreadful as we came back indoors as OH was screaming in pain, went pale and began sweating due to the pain, he ran a cold bath and jumped in whilst I was checking Willow. All in all it was very stressful.

I am so worried how she will be with other dogs now as she was attacked last autumn but no where near as bad as that and she was wary for a few weeks.... I took her out for a wee later and she looked really worried when I took her by where is happened.

Please keep fingers and paws crossed that she hasnt been too traumatised by the incident.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Willow was attacked tonight and was quite shaken :-(
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 01:20:54 AM »
I'm so sorry, what a horrific incident :'(. It really knocks you, doesn't it. Please, please report it to the dog warden. It's not right that she was attacked in her own garden >:D. And that both you and your OH ended up with injuries.

Fingers crossed there is no loss of confidence because of this. It took Brodie about two or three weeks to totally get over her attack, but I believe even now it has left its mark. She was uninjured apart from some scratches, but did develop huge bruises, so watch out for any tenderness.

It sounds like it was a very scary attack, and that the dog meant to cause injury. Massive hugs to you all :bigarmhug:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 02:15:34 AM »
Goodness how traumatic for all concerned. It's always bad, but to be attacked in what they should consider a safe area is truelly frightening.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you all.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:36:37 AM »
That is terrible and all of you will be in shock so please be careful. You do need to let the dog warden know and is there any way of making the garden secure so it cannot gain access? Poor Willow and poor you, but I am glad she was not physically hurt badly. Your OH needs to use ice packs on his swollen foot and ankle. Frozen peas will work but make sure he has a damp cloth between his foot and the ice, a bandage to provide compression would also be good, but do not apply one if you are not sure how to do it. I hope it is not going to need medical attention, but it sounds like he has really gone over on it in his rush to get the dog off you and Willow.

Please let us know how you all are later this morning xx

Offline maddy74

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 03:51:06 AM »
It is quite difficult as we live in a maisonette so we share the same path and our garden is then at the side, so we have to go over the front garden to get in the side, So where the dog attacked willow was on our part of the garden but only inches away from the shared path if that makes sense.

I am not sure where the people live anyway, what would a dog warden do just register it or visit them? Its hard as its a neighbour.  :huh:

I still feel pretty shaken hence still being wide awake at this time of the morning but hopefully things will be better tmw. OH still cant weight bare so thats not good and he is still in a lot of pain.  :'(

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 05:36:47 AM »
Bloody hell Maddy no wonder your wide awake Hun  :luv: sounds like a trip to A&E for your poor OH  :luv: as for the dog defo report it to the dog warden  >:D poor Willow must so traumatised by it all and poor you too  :luv:
After the last dog attack on Mia  :luv: she is now very wary about dogs she doesn't know and her whole body language changes so I know to remove her from that situation  :luv: fingers and paws crossed that it won't affect poor Willow in the same way  :luv: hope your OH and you can recover from this too sending much love to you all  :luv: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 06:22:19 AM »
Oh no that's really awful for you all. 

Where was the neighbour when all of this was going on?  Do you talk to them at all, maybe you should let them know - was this dog just visiting your neighbour then?  Dog Warden's are lovely - well ours is anyway (I work for the local authority and bump into him now and again).

It might be difficult to report it if you don't know where the dog lives, but it wouldn't hurt for this to be on record.

If you are worried about causing problems you could try and approach your neighbour and say that you had been advised to contact the dog warden but as he is a neighbour felt it only right to make him aware so that he can make steps to ensure it doesn't happen again, but if it does you will have no choice.  Maybe?  I don't know, but as your OH has quite a bad injury, and without intervention Willow would have been injured by the dog, I would say it's quite a serious matter that can't be ignored.

Hope Willow is ok today and that you all recover soon xxx
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 07:13:44 AM »
Hope everything gets better over time and you are all ok soon. It's not nice when an out of control, unsupervised dog comes at you, irrespective of its intentions. They scare the living daylights out of Fudge when they appear from nowhere - this is because he was set upon when he was only 10 weeks old.

Hope you have a better, more calmer day today. A big sloppy lick from Fudge for Willow.
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline angie68

• connie
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 07:27:14 AM »
Sorry to hear poor Willow was attacked & your oh's injury.  I hope you all feel better this morning and oh's injury is not too bad.
It's so distressing when something like this happens and leaves you feeling awful. 
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Angie x
Angie & Connie

Offline ANJ

• Otis 24.10.2010
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 07:29:09 AM »
That sounds like a really scary incident  :o!!!  You should report it, the dog should not be out on its own without owner/lead if it is aggressive like that  >:D.  
I'd try to let Willow meet with someone you know who has a really calm and friendly dog asap to bring back her confidence.

:bigarmhug:

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 07:42:42 AM »
Poor you and poor Willow, it's awful when this sort of thing happens. Harvey was bitten as a puppy and although he showed no lasting damage it has made me wary of dogs I don't know. Hope you are all ok today and that your OH ankle is not too badly hurt. Sending you all  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 07:50:16 AM »
That is appaling, poor Willow I cant imagine how she felt bless her.
Neighbour or no neighbour I think I would be at the point of not even being able to look at them.
Hope today your oh is a bit better and you all are feeling better.
Hope Willow isnt too distressed.

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 07:55:51 AM »
What an awful experience for all of you  :'( :'(

Definitely report it to the dog warden, our one was lovely when Charlie was attacked by a Great Dane that lived on my parents street. Talked to the dog owner and explained what legal implications there will be for having an out of control dog and they took much more care afterwards.

Millie

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 08:09:32 AM »
poor Willow, you and your OH.
 its bad enough when these things happen away from home but in your own garden !!
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Mrs Pepperpot

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 08:49:42 AM »
Omg! How awful for the 3 of you! Really hope there's no lasting damage (to everyone's confidence and OH's ankle!)  :bigarmhug: