Author Topic: Willow was attacked tonight and was quite shaken :-(  (Read 5628 times)

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: Willow was attacked tonight and was quite shaken :-(
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 09:00:19 AM »
How awful for you all,  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »
poor Willow, you and your OH.
 its bad enough when these things happen away from home but in your own garden !!

My thoughts entirely!! 

Definitely report it to the dog warden, particularly because the dog was visiting your neighbours and could be back again :(
I'd also make sure they know what has happened too!!
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Janet & Poppy

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 09:12:08 AM »
Poor Willow and poor you and your OH. Hope he's feeling a bit better this morning and the swelling is going down. It's so scary if you can't be safe in your own garden.

I think you should report this. It was bad enough what happened to you but imagine if it had been a smaller dog which had been attacked and there was no-one to help it. At least if you report it and, heaven forbid, this dog goes on to attack again, you won't think 'I should have reported this'

Sending you all lots of big hugs. Diana  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 09:34:09 AM »
Same as everyone else says Maddy plus please give Willow a massive hug from the Bonnie boo an us. Hope Darren is better this morning too  :luv: :luv:

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »
Goodness how traumatic for all concerned. It's always bad, but to be attacked in what they should consider a safe area is truelly frightening.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you all.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  to you all.  I would also report it, but play on the aggression that the dog showed to you both they seem to act quicker if the aggression is towards humans.   >:(

Difficult when they are neighbours though, not sure what I would do tbh

Pat  :luv: :luv:

Offline Homebird

• Jessie 24.01.2001 - 11.08.2012
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »
Yes, sadly this dog is likely to attack again and unless you report it you are never going to feel safe in the garden again either.  

Offline Letichia

• Site Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 09:37:44 AM »
How awful, such a shock to you all especially for it to happen in your own front garden.
Really hope Willow recovers quickly and there is no long term damage to her confidence. Like others have said it might be a good idea to let Willow meet other dogs she knows and that are calm to help restore her confidence.
Hope your OH ankle is ok, wishing him a speedy recovery.
Letichia, Lilly, Polo and Maverick x

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 09:47:38 AM »
You poor thing - it sounds ghastly >:D >:D Not only for poor Willow but for the two of you too. I once had a sprained ankle and it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I'm sure you're all really shaken up by it.

I share everyone's sentiments that you have to report this. If the dog is already known to be aggressive then something needs to be done, because it may well go on to hurt a dog or a human much worse. And maybe the owner is unaware (I think they probably are aware). I know it's difficult with neighbours (I was worried about what to do because my neighbour's bl**dy dachshund sometimes barks all night and don't know what to say!), but if your safety is at risk this should come before embarrassment/neighbourly relations. The fact that your OH has an actual injury shows me that this is serious enough.

Out of interest, how do you know the other dog is known to be aggressive - has it attacked someone or a dog before, or just been growly? What breed is it?

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2013, 09:54:18 AM »
What a horrible experience for all of you  :bigarmhug:
I hope your OHs foot is ok, you must all be very shaken up by the whole thing, just take things easy for the next few days. Have you got some nice doggies friends of Willows that you can slowly introduce her to, so she feels more positive about dog approaching?
Really hope she doesn't suffer long term from this, sending lots of lovely wet kisses from Roxy and Teddy to beautiful Willow xxxxx

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2013, 10:15:47 AM »
Maddy, I just saw you posted on FB very early this morning and wondered why you were up then.  How is Wills this morning, and poor Darren too.  She will be unsettled for a while obviously, but I'm sure her confidence with other dogs will return once she gets over the shock.  Nevertheless, a horrible experience for you all.  Toby sends big, sloppy licks too.   :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »
So upset and shocked for you all Maddy.

I really understand your dilemma though, as it s not easy to share land with a neighbour, and to have a fallout!

My worry is that if this dog is a friend of your neighbour it is probable that it will be back again.  This time Willow wasn't seriously hurt, but next time the dog might get a stronger hold of her.

If you feel reluctant to report it this time Maddy.......tell your neighbour how you feel, and that there will be no hesitation in contacting the dog warden if it comes anywhere near your dog again.  Stress, too, that OH was hurt.  I would also say there were witnesses who saw the whole thing from their windows, and although you are not reporting it this time.....ONE of them MIGHT  :shades: :shades:.

I hope you are all going to be ok Maddy.  These attacks unnerve us badly.

Sending you all love and healing thoughts. Xxxxx

No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 10:23:53 AM »
Really sorry that this has happened - just wanted to send my commiserations to you all - hope Willow isn't too fearful in the future x
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 10:27:45 AM »
Sending big hugs Maddy.... hope Willow and Darren are both feeling a bit more comfortable this morning.  If your neighbour isn't the approachable kind you need to report it to the dog warden because if nothing else they need to understand that they need to control their dog, both from causing damage to other dogs but also in potentially causing injury to people.  
Gentle squidges for your lovely girl xx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Sharpie

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 10:48:18 AM »
Gosh- what a nightmare- poor Willow and your OH..

I agree with other comments that the neighbours need to be approached..it sounds as though the outcome of the attack would have been much worse if you and your OH hadn't been able to intervene.

Sending lots of love x

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »
How awful for you all Maddy. Hope Willow and your OH make a speedy recovery  :luv:

Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge