Author Topic: Silica and/or Hepar Sulph  (Read 5560 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Silica and/or Hepar Sulph
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »
Great news :D

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 12:48:10 PM »
Well done Kelly in your perseverence  :clapping:
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 12:49:07 PM »
Thanks guys
I actually did a silly dance when I pulled it out  :005: I was just soooo pleased

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 01:11:23 PM »
That's exactly how Jarv's popped out after the silica and hep sulph  ;)  so glad you went with your gut instinct :D

The silica is great for bringing things to the surface and if there is a swelling the hepar sulph is mean to bring things to a head - which it looks like it has!
helen & jarvis x

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 01:16:15 PM »
That's exactly how Jarv's popped out after the silica and hep sulph  ;)  so glad you went with your gut instinct :D

The silica is great for bringing things to the surface and if there is a swelling the hepar sulph is mean to bring things to a head - which it looks like it has!

Thanks Helen, so am I (regardless of the money it would have cost me £350! I've saved him going through the sedation, which I'm very pleased about  :blink:), it just took a little longer than I expected but at least I will know next time (there's bound to be a next time  >:D)
Its the first time I've used Silica or Hepar Sulph, I usually just use the salt water, but will definitely keep them to hand now

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »
I was guided by a homeopath and she said that the trick is to REALLY dose the silica in the first day -  every couple of hours give a couple of pillules and then 4 x does daily for a couple of days and hopefully then it will look and it looks like it's coming to a head (red and a little angry!).  Then stop the silica and do a day of heavily dosing with hep. sulph (and again a couple of days of 4 x a day  ;)  and hopefully hey presto  :D

helen & jarvis x

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »
I think that may be why it took a little longer as I perhaps didn't dose him enough with the Silica to start with, but we got there in the end  ;)
Its such amazing stuff, and now I'm hooked, so will be purchasing a reference book of homeopathy for dogs for just such occasions rather than browsing the internet and sometimes getting conflicting advice
The end result is just so satisfying  :D

Offline cockerdoo

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 04:07:46 PM »
What an interesting thread and I am so glad you sorted everything out yourself.  Can you tell me where I can get the Silica and Hepar Sulph please? It sounds like a very useful thing to have in the cupboard.  Have not had any trouble with grass seeds yet but I feel with 2 cockers its only a matter of time!

Offline Jenn

• Oscar and Daisy
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 04:42:24 PM »
Very very interesting... in my student days used to work in Holland & Barrett and gave quite a bit of homeopathy advice, although my knowledge is all but forgotten now, except I always use arnica for myself. I am definitely going to read up on homeopathy for dogs now  :luv:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »
I think that may be why it took a little longer as I perhaps didn't dose him enough with the Silica to start with, but we got there in the end  ;)
Its such amazing stuff, and now I'm hooked, so will be purchasing a reference book of homeopathy for dogs for just such occasions rather than browsing the internet and sometimes getting conflicting advice

I'm going to a seminar about homeopathy and herbal medicine on Saturday, given by holistic vet Nick Thompson, so I'm hoping to get a better understanding of what's out there and pick up some useful tips. I'll ask Nick if there are any particular books he recommends.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »
 :banana: :banana: brilliant news all round. I'm going to be writing those instructions down!

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 08:05:28 PM »
What an interesting thread and I am so glad you sorted everything out yourself.  Can you tell me where I can get the Silica and Hepar Sulph please? It sounds like a very useful thing to have in the cupboard.  Have not had any trouble with grass seeds yet but I feel with 2 cockers its only a matter of time!

I got my Silica from Amazon.  I did try Holland & Barrett but my local branch said they no longer stocked it but not sure if that's the case for other branches of the store.  I did also try Lloyds Pharmacy and they said they could order some in, but again not sure if that was just my local branch or if all Lloyds Pharmacies offer this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Helios-Homoeopathy-Silica-30c/dp/B00A3BY1TM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381431653&sr=8-2&keywords=silica+30c

As for the Hepar Sulph, I did actually get that from Holland & Barrett, but looks like Amazon sell that also

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/iq.asp?SearchText=hepar+sulph&Search.x=10&Search.y=14
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hepar%20sulph

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 08:06:52 PM »
Very very interesting... in my student days used to work in Holland & Barrett and gave quite a bit of homeopathy advice, although my knowledge is all but forgotten now, except I always use arnica for myself. I am definitely going to read up on homeopathy for dogs now  :luv:

It is very interesting and Arnica is good for dogs too for sprains and bruising etc  ;) apparently

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »

I'm going to a seminar about homeopathy and herbal medicine on Saturday, given by holistic vet Nick Thompson, so I'm hoping to get a better understanding of what's out there and pick up some useful tips. I'll ask Nick if there are any particular books he recommends.

Are you?  Where's that, the New Forest?  I'd be really interested to hear all about it, he was great at the raw feeding seminar
I did in fact email Nick earlier for suggestions on reading materials and this is the one he suggested

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Homeopathic-Care-Cats-Dogs-Animals/dp/155643295X

but don't all rush at once, leave one for me  :005:

Offline cockerdoo

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »
I got my Silica from Amazon.  I did try Holland & Barrett but my local branch said they no longer stocked it but not sure if that's the case for other branches of the store.  I did also try Lloyds Pharmacy and they said they could order some in, but again not sure if that was just my local branch or if all Lloyds Pharmacies offer this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Helios-Homoeopathy-Silica-30c/dp/B00A3BY1TM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381431653&sr=8-2&keywords=silica+30c

As for the Hepar Sulph, I did actually get that from Holland & Barrett, but looks like Amazon sell that also

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/iq.asp?SearchText=hepar+sulph&Search.x=10&Search.y=14
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hepar%20sulph
Thank you for that - I will get some ordered