Author Topic: Silica and/or Hepar Sulph  (Read 5559 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Silica and/or Hepar Sulph
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 09:40:48 PM »
I think that may be why it took a little longer as I perhaps didn't dose him enough with the Silica to start with, but we got there in the end  ;)
Its such amazing stuff, and now I'm hooked, so will be purchasing a reference book of homeopathy for dogs for just such occasions rather than browsing the internet and sometimes getting conflicting advice
The end result is just so satisfying  :D

I'm going to a seminar about homeopathy and herbal medicine on Saturday, given by holistic vet Nick Thompson, so I'm hoping to get a better understanding of what's out there and pick up some useful tips. I'll ask Nick if there are any particular books he recommends.

Are you?  Where's that, the New Forest?  I'd be really interested to hear all about it, he was great at the raw feeding seminar
I did in fact email Nick earlier for suggestions on reading materials and this is the one he suggested

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Homeopathic-Care-Cats-Dogs-Animals/dp/155643295X

but don't all rush at once, leave one for me  :005:

The seminar is in Sway (near Lymington) in the New Forest http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=107179.msg1569338#msg1569338

I know there are some places left and it would be lovely to meet you if you're able to go at such short notice :D

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »
The seminar is in Sway (near Lymington) in the New Forest http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=107179.msg1569338#msg1569338

I know there are some places left and it would be lovely to meet you if you're able to go at such short notice :D
[/quote]

Thanks Elaine, it sounds great
I would have loved to have gone, but unfortunately Hampshire is just a little too far at 3hrs each way, and the cost of petrol etc
I'd really like to hear how it goes though, so look forward to your update
Hopefully there will be one a bit nearer here next time as I seem to miss quite a few of his seminars  :-\

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »

I would have loved to have gone, but unfortunately Hampshire is just a little too far at 3hrs each way, and the cost of petrol etc
Hopefully there will be one a bit nearer here next time as I seem to miss quite a few of his seminars  :-\
[/quote]

He likes doing seminars, so if you belong to a dog training club locally, or know of a good one, perhaps you could persuade them to organise one.

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 12:16:55 PM »

He likes doing seminars, so if you belong to a dog training club locally, or know of a good one, perhaps you could persuade them to organise one.
[/quote]

Yes, might have to do that again
The raw feeding seminar he did last year in Kent I arranged, but would be easier to ask a local club to get involved  ;)

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
Just thought I would send a quick update
Its now been 3 weeks since I removed the dreaded grass seed  >:D and I have been bathing the wound with Hibiscrub and trying my best to keep it covered to minimise licking but still it will not heal  >:(
Well now I know why.  Pulled ANOTHER grass seed from it this morning.  I knew something wasn't right as it was just not healing like it should.
Dylan is now happily NOT trying to lick it and hopefully with some more bathing it will heal nicely
Never known a dog to have TWO grass seeds in the same place....why is it my dogs have to be different  :huh:

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »
 :doh:

Hopefully this is it all done and dusted  :D
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »
:doh:

Hopefully this is it all done and dusted  :D

Lets hope so  >:D
Think its a good sign that he no longer wants to lick it and surely he can't possibly fit anymore in there  :o