Author Topic: Anal Gland removal  (Read 6096 times)

Offline Deb

Re: Anal Gland removal
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2013, 02:02:34 PM »
Big hugs for you both, and wishing Pearl a speedy recovery.
Deb and Bailey

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »
Hope everythings going well Jayne and your lovely girls back home with you very soon xxx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2013, 02:56:13 PM »
Hope all goes well today. Thinking of you, and hoping Pearl recovers quickly. :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2013, 04:47:24 PM »
Hope everything has gone well and you're not too traumatised. Won't be too long before Pearl is home with you again.  :luv: :luv: :luv: Diana

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »
Just looking to see how things went. Hope Pearl (and you) are both feeling ok and that she recovers quickly  :luv: :luv:

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 08:50:38 PM »
fourth attempt at posting an update....

Pearl is home and feeling very sorry for herself but as I've discovered it's mostly due to the cone of shame....having removed it for a few minutes, she shot upstairs, checked her bed was still there, tried to get to the cats food and then came back down for a big fuss!  Since it went back on - she's been whining and crying - and getting lots more fuss of course  ;)

she is completely doped up so can't possibly be in pain.....

the eyes say it all in this one....

and she has now settled down and is asleep

I now know a lot more about anal glands - if they are full too often they get bigger and in Pearl's case were far bigger than expected!  The Vet could confirm this as one of the techniques used is to fill the glands with wax that sets firm and allows them to cut them out without causing damage to the tissue around them - how clever is that!  :D

On the up side she is now recovering, has internal stitches so won't need them out and once back to normal will not have the problems she's had in recent months/weeks....

On the downside she has a bottom like a baboon and is clearly very self conscious as she puts it on cold surfaces whenever she can - bless! it must be uncomfortable. 

3 days ABs and a check up on Wednesday.  COL meet on Sunday weather permitting [approved by the Vet  ;)].

Thanks again to everyone for thinking of her today - it has helped me a huge amount.  A special thanks to those who PM'd me [and sent texts]  COL is a wonderful forum  :luv:

Jayne and the red-bum-Pearly
xx

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2013, 08:55:51 PM »
Awww poor little girly. Glad she's home safe and that once she's over the op she will have no more bother.
Gentle hugs beautiful Pearly.  :luv: :luv:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2013, 08:58:25 PM »
Glad she's safely home and hope she makes a speedy recovery :bigarmhug:

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2013, 09:01:32 PM »
thank you Emma and Elaine - she's already "been" and it was perfectly formed if somewhat smelly  :banana: which is a massive relief  :D  she's also chased Minnie away from her tea and then ate the lot  :005: so she isn't as bad as she would like me to think  ;)

I'm told she will be fully recovered within 6 days, short walk tomorrow on lead after that, at her own pace  :D just have to keep an eye on the wounds for infection or if they open up at all.

just seen Minnie's legs in this photo - they look awfully thin compared to her body....cat diet required  ph34r

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2013, 09:20:11 PM »
Sooooooooo glad Pearl is back where she belongs, and that everything seems to have gone well  :luv:
I am really glad she is eating and annoying poor Minnie  ;)  Great news that she has 'been'.  Good progress all round.
I hope you both have a good night tonight, you will both be exhausted.  
ps. as for Minnie's legs, just a bad angle I am sure  :005: you cannot put the poor soul on a diet at Christmas!  :016:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »
So glad that Pearl is back home safe and well.  Hope by this time next week she has forgotten all about it and has no further problems.

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »
just seen Minnie's legs in this photo - they look awfully thin compared to her body....cat diet required  ph34r

Don't forget the camera always adds 10lbs  :005: So glad Pearl is already starting her recovery. Hope she is back on full form very soon  :luv:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2013, 10:05:26 PM »
Awww bless her  :luv:  So pleased it went well Jayne and knowing your gorgeous girl I have no doubt she'll back on form very quickly  :luv: :luv: :luv:   Gentle squidges for your lovely girl xxx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline GeoW

• Donator
  • Maurice, Jan, and William (Prince of Orange)
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »
Good news Jayne, we have been thinking of you and Pearl, must have been a long day for you both, so pleased she is home.

Maurice

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2013, 10:56:30 PM »
So glad to read it is nearly all over  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.