Author Topic: Misty - at home update  (Read 6099 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Misty - at home update
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2014, 05:59:44 PM »
Lovely to hear that she enjoyed her walk :luv:

Thanks for the update and please keep them coming :D

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2014, 06:40:11 PM »
I agree with everyone, please keep the updates coming, glad she enjoyed her walk nose down and away she goes. :luv:

Offline Lottielove

« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2014, 07:53:15 PM »
Glad she's had a lovely walk. When I was on tramadol it knocked me out completely at first so I wouldn't be surprised if it makes her very groggy. I would be in the middle of a conversation and completely unable to finish, just fall asleep sitting up.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »
Glad she enjoyed her walk, sounds like she is doing really well  :luv: looking forward to hearing how she gets on  :bigarmhug:

Offline annclare

« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2014, 08:21:27 PM »
We are all eager for news of your darling girl. xx

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2014, 09:58:36 PM »
That is great news  :luv: lots of sniffs to be had, sounds perfect! Tramadol will make her a bit sleepy, but it is good she has it. Thanks for the update.

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2014, 10:21:42 PM »
Great news!

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2014, 10:42:51 PM »
Wonderful news, I'm amazed she was up for a walk so soon.  Must be a very good sign.  Keep up the good work darling Misty.

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2014, 11:54:52 PM »
Checking in for an update... So pleased Misty is doing well and enjoyed her walk.

Good girl Misty  :luv: :luv:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline Misty Roan

• Donator
« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2014, 07:46:42 AM »
Glad she's had a lovely walk. When I was on tramadol it knocked me out completely at first so I wouldn't be surprised if it makes her very groggy. I would be in the middle of a conversation and completely unable to finish, just fall asleep sitting up.

That's exactly what she seems to do.  I keep seeing her sitting in corners staring into space. Vet has suggested trying to reduce them and seeing how she goes.  It's hard to judge though if they are in pain.  Anyway, not giving her the first of today's, figure with metacam and tramadol last night she might have enough in her system.  If anyone has any other experience please let me know.  :blink:
Misty 3.6.2011 - 1.11.2016

Offline Catty_G

• Donator
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2014, 10:52:59 AM »
When my vet suggested reducing Karla's meds he suggested I cut the tablets into quarters and give 3/4 instead of a whole one, then later go to 1/2  but keep giving the tabs twice daily so she didn't go too long without pain relief. Luckily for her she rarely need them now.

Phone your vet and ask what way is it best to reduce the tablets for Misty, it may be a case of just tweaking the dosage to get it right for her.  ..give her a gentle hug from me. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2014, 01:26:49 PM »
Pleased to hear she has had her first walk and back to the joy of sniffing When Penny had her spay she stared as well but was aright next and medications they bound to making her disorientated and As other said tramdol send us funny and all so made me itchy Looking forward in hearing how Misty is love Joan and Pennyxxx
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2014, 03:29:46 PM »
Daily updates are good  ;) I have been checking on and off all day to find out how she has been doing  :luv:  hope you both get a better night tonight, gentle hugs to Misty   :bigarmhug:

Please daily reports needed we are all keen to know how she is each day
you can never post to many
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to Misty

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »
Hello Sue I have just googled  dog friendly  gardens and   image lots of pics came up My friend has her garden done and is very pleased with it He is local you could get ideas and take it from here let me know Hope you had a nice a podlimg Love Joan and Penny
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2014, 06:29:37 AM »

That's exactly what she seems to do.  I keep seeing her sitting in corners staring into space. Vet has suggested trying to reduce them and seeing how she goes.  It's hard to judge though if they are in pain.  Anyway, not giving her the first of today's, figure with metacam and tramadol last night she might have enough in her system.  If anyone has any other experience please let me know.  :blink:

I know how she feels! When I was waiting to have my hip replaced, 6 years ago, they put me on Tramadol and I was totally wasted, I had to stop taking them as I didn't know where I was. They did stop the pain though!