Author Topic: Lump on nose  (Read 361 times)

Offline Katie_and_Millie

Lump on nose
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:44:31 AM »
Millie has returned from the kennels with a lump on her nose.  Yesterday when I picked her up I noticed it, it looked quite large (just under her eye) and she wouldn't let me touch it.  I gave her half a Piriton and booked her into the vets today.

This morning it has gone down a lot, so much so that I cancelled the vets appointment and will just keep an eye on it.  Is this the right thing to do?  She is no longer in any discomfort and will let me touch it and examine it.  I can't see any red areas or cuts etc.  I suspect a bite may be to blame? 

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Lump on nose
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »
As it's started to go down and isn't causing Millie any distress now I think I'd do the same as you and monitor it for now. Might be worth phoning the kennels and see if they know what happened. It sounds like a bite or sting from your description, but they should have noticed it.

Offline cockers rock!

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:18:05 PM »
Hector had 3 smallish lumps on his face on Sunday morning (last week) I was quite freaked out when I saw them. One under the eye and two around his muzzle.  He had been following me around as I mowed the lawn on the weekend and I think he was bitten by insects. 

They went down quite quickly and he did not seem at all bothered.

Hope Millie is back to normal soon!

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 03:31:03 PM »
Sounds like an antihistamine was the right thing to do, and your vet would have done the same most likely. Do keep an eye on it though. My cocker had the same after a bite/sting, and three days later an almighty infection kicked in that took a couple of weeks to clear up and the hair still hasn't fully grown back even after several months now.
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk