Author Topic: Worried about George  (Read 5495 times)

Offline Mari

• Site Member
Re: Worried about George
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2017, 06:59:55 PM »
Great news! I haven't heard of that one.  I also didn't think worms could be prevented - only treated so it might be worth researching what effect it might have? 

That's why you treat every month. To kill off any worms that may have infected the dog before it causes any major problems :) Edited: It is also worth noting that not all intestinal parasites are easy to find on diagnostic tests. When we tested for heartworm a blood sample was required and even that was not 100% said my vet. So I think it's really important to take the advise of local vets because they know what threats are found locally and how to minimise risk of infection.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »
I now worm my dogs once a month with milbemax as Lady had been diagnosed with lungworm last year too

Vet I spoke to who was treating her said often the only symptom of lungworm is death!
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »
I now worm my dogs once a month with milbemax as Lady had been diagnosed with lungworm last year too

Vet I spoke to who was treating her said often the only symptom of lungworm is death!
Thanks for that Penny, perhaps I should go with the milbermax or something similar. Hamish has now got the all clear too  ;)
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum