Author Topic: what is it abouts vets  (Read 671 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
what is it abouts vets
« on: April 29, 2017, 08:25:22 AM »
Well I have a rant >:D.....once again they naturally know best or at least the nurse does, she forgets I go for advice and I can choose to take it or not.  Went Thursday to either get private prescription or buy tick treatment I have used for past two years successfully!

Firstly told they would have to order, yes says I but what price is it as I have to weigh this against on line and private prescription which I discussed with vet.......one hurdle over then another, Ollie needs the next level of 250ml not the 100ml I have always used ( he is 0.7kilo over the 100ml recommended dose), so I try to explain that I am not happy with 150ml more for what is 0.7 kilo.........she did not like that, and started to imply about costing, well by this time I had had enough.
Well if I have any problems I will come back and get the lower dose 40ml and combined that says I. Or make an appointment to discuss this once again with the vet as I did last week!!!!

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: what is it abouts vets
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 08:37:32 AM »
Well I have a rant >:D.....once again they naturally know best or at least the nurse does, she forgets I go for advice and I can choose to take it or not.  Went Thursday to either get private prescription or buy tick treatment I have used for past two years successfully!

Firstly told they would have to order, yes says I but what price is it as I have to weigh this against on line and private prescription which I discussed with vet.......one hurdle over then another, Ollie needs the next level of 250ml not the 100ml I have always used ( he is 0.7kilo over the 100ml recommended dose), so I try to explain that I am not happy with 150ml more for what is 0.7 kilo.........she did not like that, and started to imply about costing, well by this time I had had enough.
Well if I have any problems I will come back and get the lower dose 40ml and combined that says I. Or make an appointment to discuss this once again with the vet as I did last week!!!!

GRrrrrrrrr >:(  150 ml more? She has to be joking!!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »
Must be the time of year, I asked for some Milbemax yesterday (I prefer that to Milbeworm which since selling out to the big vet co my vets can only sell apparently...gave said Milbeworm to Branston this morning and he puked both that and his breakfast up.

Phoned up and receptionist informed me 'this happens with wormer!  it's never happened with Milbemax, says I. Well we only sell Milbeworm now. Fine says I, then cancel my appointment with Toby on 16th May and I will find a vet practice that do sell Milbemax.....hang on says receptionist I will go and see if we have any left downstairs and surprise, surprise they did indeed have some, thanks very much and I rung off. Phoned back 2 mins later and asked if they had two more available for the other dogs and hey presto they have indeed. Such porkies!!  >:D

I don't believe I am the only  owner in Lowestoft that feels we should have a choice in what we give our dogs.

Hope you get your matter sorted, Jaysmum
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »
I think the problem is they think we lack common sense and are unable to think for ourselves, and of course have no knowledge of what our occupations have been, Ollie is small and there is one hell of gap between 10-25 band when the other is 4 -10, yep I have ordered what I wanted....... I too changed vets and the vet was lovely, only time will tell :shades:  Plus the older nurse is too, but the younger one.....
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 02:04:54 PM »
It must be pretty daunting for first time dog owners though..... >:(