Author Topic: Milbemax Worming  (Read 5766 times)

Offline Dannyt

• Site Member
Milbemax Worming
« on: March 15, 2006, 05:31:13 PM »
Does anyone out there use Milbemax?
My vet has supplied them but they are different to the usual ones I use and although I have found the dosage online I don't seem to able to find out how frequently to use it HELP

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Milbemax Worming
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 05:33:49 PM »
They are a multi-wormer and according to the reps, should be used every 3 months ;)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Dannyt

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 05:49:13 PM »
Thanks ;)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 05:56:04 PM »
Billy has this wormer every 3 months and has never suffered any side effects  :D

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 06:10:17 PM »
Billy has this wormer every 3 months and has never suffered any side effects  :D

I might give Milbemax a try next time the dogs need worming then - Panacur turns Jimmy into a hyperactive, demented loon and Misty has vomited all her food up the last two times she's had Drontal.  :-\

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 06:30:26 PM »

I might give Milbemax a try next time the dogs need worming then - Panacur turns Jimmy into a hyperactive, demented loon and Misty has vomited all her food up the last two times she's had Drontal.  :-\

Milo was sick the last time he had drontal, i phoned the vet to ask if he'd need to be done again and he said no that it had been given time to work and that if they have worms then they either puke them out or poo them out and although i saw no worms in the sick the vet maintained that was the prob that he had worms and he was expelling them?

Can't answer about Milbemax not heard of it until now.

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »

I had a good poke round in Misty's sick too but couldn't see any worms - although maybe they could be tiny and not easily visible.  :huh: My vet told me to reworm her the next day as she hadn't kept the tablet down for long enough. She needs worming too - she's always off looking for illicit meals in the park. Yesterday I caught her licking a giant slab of rotting uncooked fish, she was back looking for it again today too - the whole world is a doggie restaurant in her eyes.  >:(

Penel

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 07:01:38 PM »
They are supposed to dissolve the worms I thought ?
I wormed my little "foster" at the weekend as she had tapeworm, that was very evident the next day  ph34r

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 07:31:36 PM »
They are supposed to dissolve the worms I thought ?

I thought that too but the vet assured me thats what it was? And I took him on his word.

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 08:07:05 PM »

I might give Milbemax a try next time the dogs need worming then - Panacur turns Jimmy into a hyperactive, demented loon

Well with Billy you wouldn't notice the difference  :005: :005: :005: :005:

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 08:27:56 PM »
 :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 10:04:27 PM »
We have used Milbemax since our girls hit 6 months - its great!

No side effects and no worms to deal with either as it dissolves them.....the previous stuff we used used to make them sick or give them the runs (or both) and in the produce were wriggly worms...eurrghhhh

im a big milbemax fan!!

Janey

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 11:30:09 AM »
Glad i've seen this thread cos drontal makes one or both of my boys sick every time i worm them >:( Will ask the vet about Milbemax next time we go.Sounds like it could be the answer.
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 11:47:54 AM »
Milbemax is what barney was given the very first time we went to see our vet.  She gave him a small puppy dose - meant to be monthly until 6 months and then once every three months after that i think.  Barney had no side effects at all.  We forgot to give him some recently so we'll be going along to teh vet tomorrow morning to get some and get him weighed to make sure its teh right dose - its so difficult to remember to give these things at the right time!
Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Offline cpmf1526

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 12:39:11 PM »
Chester normally has Program Plus (one a month) but we've had a card from the vet through the post saying he's due for his next dose of Milbemax in April !!??!!  I'd not heard of it until then and I'm not quite sure what to do as he's quite happy on Program Plus - does anyone know the difference ??
Claire & Chester xx