Author Topic: Snoopy Not Well  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
Re: Snoopy Not Well
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 11:55:45 AM »
Snoopy has seen a lovely vet this morning who decided to keep him in overnight to put IV antibiotics and fluid into him, also to complete an investigation into his throat, as he feels it could be 1 of 3 things:

1.    Infection in his slavation gland
2.    Slvation gland blocked, which could mean re-directing it, as he doesn't like to remove them unless really necessary, or
3.    Tumour (got really scared at this point, having had cancer myself)

We had a long discussion and he feels that is 1 or 2, but will call me once he has had a look and completed some investigations, can't tell you how scared I am or how much I am worried about the little guy.  He's also got to stay in overnight which is the 1st time he hasn't been with us since we got him, so it seems really weird at home at the moment, even Tigger (the arch enemy cat) is missing him, he is laying by the side of me, which is a first for him and me.  It was really weird at the vets when he put his lead back on him he the vet opened the door to take him in the hospital section of the vets and he pulled the vet through the door without looking back at me, it almost seemed like he knew that he was going to be made better. 

Big thank you to Rachel this morning for being around when I needed a friend to talk to and reassure me, also thanks to you for the kind messages and wishes. 

Once I know anything I will let you know the update.  Fingers crossed he recovers quickly so he can come home, I miss him.
cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 12:02:17 PM »
Sounds like you've got a good vet there Cheryl, who is doing the best thing for Snoopy.

Wishing you both the best and try to keep yourself busy today.
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline allym

• Site Member
  • Grrrrrrrrr!
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 12:03:06 PM »
Awwww, poor little Snoops!  And poor you - keep your chin up! I'm sure he'll back home soon to cause havoc and wind-up Tigger!  Lots of love and hugs from Henry and I.
Ally and Henry the Hound xx

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 12:04:09 PM »
Thinking about you and Snoopy, I'm sure he'll be back home soon and in the meantime he's got a great vet to look after him  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 12:14:09 PM »
Only just caught up with this.

Hope Snoopy is feeling better soon, take care little pooch  :-*

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 12:20:44 PM »
poor snoopy :-\
hope the vet gets to the bottom of it quickly...

hx

helen & jarvis x

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 12:27:33 PM »
Hugs and best wishes to you and Snoopy  :luv:  Hope he is feeling better soon.  xxxx
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline tjsheps

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 12:30:34 PM »
Poor Snoops, he'll start getting better now just wait and see.  Blue's just been spayed and i can understand about the house feeling empty,  Snoops will soon be back terrorising the cat and getting up to all sorts.

Big hugs to you and kisses to Snoops

Tracey, Blue and Charlie

Offline Mollie.Ladie

• Site Member
  • Mmmm I love cockers!
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 12:42:56 PM »
Oh poor baby..get well soon Snoopy :-*.  I'm sure Snoopy will be just fine now that the vet has taken over completely...keep us posted.

Lots of love :luv:
Mollie&Christina

*Love at first sight.!

Offline SARAHLP

• Site Member
  • Maisy at 4 weeks
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 12:43:58 PM »
Get well soon Snoops  :luv: Wishing you a super fast recovery
xxx Love Sarah & (crazy) Maisy xx

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 01:04:02 PM »
Get well soon little one! ;)

Hang in there Cheryl - it must be so hard but at least something is happening now & he's going to be far more comfortable etc bless him.
  :luv:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 01:09:20 PM »
Big woofs and licks coming snoopy's way from my lot. Hope he is back chasing Tigger soon and snuggling with you on the sofa.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 01:55:13 PM »
Thank you God

The vet as just phoned and said that Snoopy is coming round from the anesthetic, he found a hughed abscess under his tongue, with really bad infection and very swollen tongue as a result.  He's x-rayed the tongue which has a large mass at the bottom of it to make sure nothing nasty in it, but thinks the mass is due to the size of the absecess/infectio.  He was really surprised that we hadn't seen more symptoms others than those over the past days and I think he was surprised that the senior vet I saw last night didn't do anything more then, but we'll leave that for them to sort out between them, the important thing is Snoopy will be ok.  He's also checked for bones/twigs, etc that could have caused it and found nothing, so he is still on heavy anti-inflamatories, antibiotics and fluids and they are going to try and get him to eat something tonight, so fingers crossed he will eat as he's not permitted out of hospital until he has eaten something, so Snoopy please eat, so you can come home :luv:.  They are thinking that provided everything okay today and in the morning that he will be able to come home tomorrow- yippie  :D  can't tell you how relieved I am and happy.
cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline Dannyt

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 01:57:20 PM »
 :D Thats excellent news  :D

Eat your dinner Snoopy so you can come home  ;)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 02:48:30 PM »
Poor boy - sounds painful :-\ Hopefully he will feel better now that he's getting the proper treatment
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)