Author Topic: Snoopy Not Well  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Snoopy Not Well
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2006, 02:54:43 PM »
Poor Snoopy, that sounds awful  :o but on the other hand I'm really glad that at least now they know what it is and how to treat him. All fingers, legs and paws are crossed hoping that he eats tonight so he can come home  :luv: :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2006, 03:23:01 PM »
it sounds awful cheryl but i'm so glad they've found the problem and it wasn't 2 or 3 in your list.

(and i'm very glad that you saw a different vet today.... ;))

gentle squidge to poor sore snoops xx
helen & jarvis x

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2006, 04:09:47 PM »
Poor Snoopy ; no wonder he felt under the weather!! :'(

I'm so pleased that you've got to the bottom of it Cheryl; you must be incredibly relieved.

Here's hoping he's soon back home with you & that he carries on improving. ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2006, 04:10:03 PM »
Poor Snoopy, but so relieved it wasn't worse.  Tilly sympathises as she was once stung by a bee on the tongue and the vet had to remove the sting with tweezers - her tongue was very swollen and it hurt  :'(.   Get well soon Snoopy and EAT YOUR DINNER  :luv:

Sue and Tilly

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2006, 04:17:24 PM »
Goodness me what a scare - but I am so glad it wasn't any worse...
Come on Snoopy - eat your dinner so you can come home.

Huge (((hugs)))) for all of you :-*

Petra

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2006, 04:24:31 PM »
Thank goodness it was not number 2 or 3 on your list. Hope he's home soon. Grubs up Snoopy.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2006, 05:16:47 PM »
So relieved for you Cheryl :banana:  hope Snoopy is back home very soon.

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2006, 05:42:03 PM »
Yey - glad it's all sorted & Snoops is getting the right treatment now - get better soon little one & eat your dinner so you can go home for TONS of spoiling from your mum!!!!  :luv:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2006, 07:38:48 PM »
Poor Snoops, at least hes on the right treatment now and on the road to recovery ;) 

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2006, 07:39:55 PM »
What a relief!  Not nice for poor little Snoopy, but at least it wasn't anything more serious.
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2006, 08:15:23 PM »
Thanks to you everyone for all your kindness, it really helped me through today :luv:  I can't tell you what a rollercoaster of emotions I've been through today, but I know that I'm not alone in feeling that way.  It was hard for me to allow someone else to take control of the siutation, as my job means I'm in charge, so guess that was one of the reasons why I found it so hard to not be a Control Freak :005: 

I will definetly give the vet a big hug tomorrow and say a big thank you to him, he was great, will remember to ask for him or my normal vet next time and not let the stroppy receptionist (who tried to diagnose) dictact who I see next time, it was just unfortunate that I didn't speak to one of the others, who are always really helpful. 

Thank you all once again your simply the best :luv:
cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2006, 08:28:10 PM »
Only just seen this thread :huh:. Glad to hear they have found out what it is. Nothing worse than them being ill and not knowing why. at least with an infection the antibiotics will kick in quite quickly and Snoopy will start to feel better  :D.

Snoopy eat your dinner!!!! That's an order !!  :lol:

Offline portreetowee

• Site Member
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2006, 08:55:39 PM »
So glad they've found out what the problem is, so they can treat it now.  It's awful when your pet has to be away from you.  One of my cats, Charlie, had to spend over a week with our vet recently when he had a urinary tract blockage that kept recurring, and they had to make several attempts at inserting a catheter (under general anaesthetic each time).  It's so frightening when you don't know whether they're going to get better or not.  Fortunately for us, he did. 

Hope you have Snoopy home asap.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »
Thanks to you everyone for all your kindness, it really helped me through today :luv:  I can't tell you what a rollercoaster of emotions I've been through today, but I know that I'm not alone in feeling that way.  It was hard for me to allow someone else to take control of the siutation, as my job means I'm in charge, so guess that was one of the reasons why I found it so hard to not be a Control Freak :005: 

I will definetly give the vet a big hug tomorrow and say a big thank you to him, he was great, will remember to ask for him or my normal vet next time and not let the stroppy receptionist (who tried to diagnose) dictact who I see next time, it was just unfortunate that I didn't speak to one of the others, who are always really helpful. 

Thank you all once again your simply the best :luv:

So glad you are feeling a bit better now hun - hope you and Snoopy are reunited tomorrow; and that we see you both soon; you know how much Molo misses his "bezzy-mate"  :005:

You're not the only one to fall foul of the "support staff" at that Practice; but at least  there are a few good vets there who re-instill our faith in the profession  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Penel

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2006, 10:28:58 PM »
Glad to hear they know what it is now - do they know how it happened - could it be stick chewing or something - left a splinter in his tongue ?
Hope he is ok soon,