Author Topic: Irregular heartbeat......  (Read 5573 times)

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
Re: Irregular heartbeat......
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2006, 11:15:12 PM »

So why not go and see a new vet for a second opinion before you go to Kings Lynn?
That is exactly what i am going to do. The more I have thought about it, the more determined we are about changing a.s.a.p
I will be ringing them tomorrow ;)
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2006, 11:21:34 PM »
I also don't like your vet's attitude - he sounds very unsympathetic...
I have definately seen him in a different light since discovering Sammy's 'problem'. In the past everything we have been for were routine i.e. jabs, boosters etc.
In some instances you want to be told things, but they won't liable themselves, but in this instance he just hasn't held back at all >:(
Sammy was laid across me earlier and snorring like a good'un, I was looking at him with such  :luv: and affection, and i decided there and then, no waiting to go to Kings Lynn, I'm off for a 2nd opinion ;) He's our  :angel:

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2006, 12:22:47 PM »
...hi,
I've got Sammy in at another vet for a 2nd opinion on Friday at 11.10am, he may be there till the afternoon :'( it all depends on what the examination tells, but at least we are going to find out one way or the other. They are going to ring our vets for the notes on him, so at least i don't have the embarrassment of doing that and to have to explain why

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2006, 05:50:30 PM »
hello all,
well, we went for our 2nd opinion, and Sammy has got a not so straight forward heartbeat, but it didn't sound as bad as was written on his notes. He was a good boy by staying still for her :angel: as on Monday he moved about quite a bit, i think it's becoz he doesn't like our vet :P. Anyway, she reckons he should still go for the tests in Kings Lynn where they will have the best equipment to deal with him. She didn't think he needed to have another ECG so i was able to bring him home straight away ;)
I can't see my OH getting home b4 Xmas :'( so Sammy won't be able to have it done for a while ::)

Penel

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2006, 11:08:29 PM »
So it's great that you went then... at least you should feel a bit better now, having had another opinion.  Try not to worry too much, let him live a normal life, and when you can go for the extra tests, then go..... otherwise, stop worrying. :D

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2006, 12:29:38 AM »
.....that's exactly what i intend to do Penel ;)