Author Topic: When are they fully grown?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
When are they fully grown?
« on: November 30, 2006, 01:40:34 PM »
I know a dog is classed as an adult at 1 year, but when are they fully grown?

Indy's exactly 6 months old today - Happy birthday gorgeous cuddly bum!  :luv:

Will she have much more growing to do or has she reached her adult size?  :blink:

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: When are they fully grown?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 02:38:04 PM »
She still has a little bit of growing to do, not a huge amount.She's fairly close to her adult height. Now she may go through odd gangly teenage phase stuff. One day she may look like her legs are way too long, the next day way too short, but it will sort out before she's a year.

Happy Birthday Indy! :D :luv:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 04:45:52 PM »

We had Louie weighed on Monday, he is 4 1/2 months, the nurse said that he might be fully grown at 9/10 months?  I think all dogs can differ though :huh:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 04:49:10 PM »
Molo didn't grow in height/length after about 10/11 months - but he continued to fill-out (broader chest etc) until he was about 18 months old  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Terri Carpenter

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 01:01:29 PM »
They definately go thro some strange growth spurts - legs seem too long, head too big  :005: and then they just seem to even out

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 06:09:12 PM »
Indy's quite small and compact, her legs are too short to jump up onto the sofa, - not through lack of trying though - and she has a small head, which probably isn't a bad thing, it will stop her tiny brain rattling about.  :lol:

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 06:26:19 PM »
I've had some that have reached their full height at 6 months & others that continue to grow up to a year old!
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 07:53:41 PM »
paddy stopped growing at about 12 months he is quite long in the back and shows no sign of filling out.he is 18 months.
ellie is 8 months and if she doesn't stop growing soon she will be bigger than paddy.she is already deep chested.she has a small head.i am hoping her head catches up wih the rest of her :005:i don't think she will get much taller now.she has the classic cocker shaped back,broad at the front and slimming to the back.paddy is just dead straight.there is no shape to his back at all. :lol:but he's still my handsome lad :luv:

Offline mick

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »
Hi Sue,

They are fully grown when like mine he takes over the chair , the bed and dictates when he goes for a walk and if he dont get any of these he makes you feel that guilty that you soon give in. O and I forgot when he stares at you and you dont know what he wants  he gets that frustrated that he just comes out with the longest sigh I have ever heard as if to say O dear do I really have to pacify you humans.

As I once said to someone a while back "Ive got my dog exactly where he wants me" :005:

Best regards.
Mick. 

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 06:50:38 PM »
I am glad this has been asked, as I was just wondering it myself :D

Before I had Tia I brought her a posh collar. When I had her it was miles too big so I put it away again. I remembered it the other week and now it only just fits! So before I go and spend another £20 on a posh collar I want to know she won't out grow it first! :lol:

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!