Author Topic: What's wrong with Bailey?  (Read 2277 times)

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
What's wrong with Bailey?
« on: December 30, 2006, 03:49:19 AM »
I really wish Bailey could talk and tell me what's bothering him!!!  He has been whimpering on and off and has not been himself and unable to settle down for the last 5 hours  :'(.  He took himself to bed, but keeps on getting up and circling and lying back down again every few minutes.  He is not jumping up on the furniture either, but sits in front of it and looks at me for help and also instead of following me, he just whimpers for me from another room.  I've checked him all over his body and limbs and can't figure out what's wrong with him.  Hopefully, it's not anything but I am starting to get worried about the poor guy.  Anyways, will be bring him to the emergency vet clinic (his vet will be closed on the weekend) if he has not improved by tomorrow afternoon.
Bailey and Mom

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Re: What's wrong with Bailey?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 03:58:04 AM »
Oh dear, poor Bailey. It certainly sounds like something is troubling him, so difficult to know what though :-\ when there are no obvious signs.

Hope you feel better Bailey and don't have to go to the emergency vet............fingers and paws all crossed here that you are feeling better by morning.

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 12:34:48 PM »
Have you checked his ears and his anal glands? Is it possible he has eaten something he shouldn't that hasn't agreed with him?
Fern was like this when she had an ear infection. It took me a couple of days to discover what was wrong though as she wasn't scratching. I just gently ran my hands  over every part of her body until I got a reaction.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 12:41:04 PM »
Could he have hurt his back?  I ask this because if he's not jumping up on the furniture, something is stopping him.  Some years ago Robin, one of my dogs hurt his back & his symptoms were similar to what you've described.  It was only a muscular strain & with pain relief & anti-inflammatories, he was back to his usual self in a couple of weeks.

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »
What about checking his temperature?
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 02:24:49 PM »
I'm with Happydog - he may have belly ache, could he have eaten something whilst outside ?

Hope he gets better soon, poor thing

Very gentle cocker licks coming his way  :luv:

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 04:21:15 PM »
Big Hugs, hope he's feeling better soon.  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Mollie.Ladie

• Site Member
  • Mmmm I love cockers!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 04:22:43 PM »
I dont really have anything to add to these suggestions.  These are the main things that I would check for too.  I really hope that he feels better soon  :blink:
Mollie&Christina

*Love at first sight.!

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »
Hope he is feeling better soon  :-\

You could always just ring the vets for some advice.
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Penel

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 05:26:32 PM »
Constipation ?  has he been to the loo today ?

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 05:33:45 PM »
 :'( aww poor Bailey boy. Not long ago my Bailey was like this and it turned out to be his anal glands :'( however he wasn't off it for long he sooon got back to his old self again. Give him a big hug and hope he is feeling better soon. :luv:
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 06:25:57 PM »
..sorry to hear about Bailey ..gentle hugs coming his way, hope he feels better soon x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline sharesy

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 06:51:53 PM »
Hows Bailey feeling now?

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 10:23:22 PM »
Thanks for looking out for Bailey!  We just got back from the emergency vet as this morning Bailey pooed some dark red blood with his poo  :-\  This has never happened to him even when he had worms and giardia when he was little.  The emergency vet gave him a rectal exam (which he hated, who wouldn't!) and yelped at that and also when she felt around with his tummy, he also yelped.  She wasn't that informative and I had to keep on pushing her for what she thought it was, but definitely his stomach was sore.  Anyways, antibiotics were prescribed and we think Bailey's whimpering and not doing the stairs or jumping on the furniture may be from his tummy hurting him and not a pulled muscle or back problem.  She sent off the bloodwork and a stool sample and we will see what it might be in a day.  Of course after we got home and were down a few hundred dollars, Bailey was acting brighter and more like himself  :shades:.  He LOVED the chicken and rice dinner...question: what's the ratio of chicken to rice and how much do you usually feed per meal?  I was feeding probably 2/3rds chicken and 1/3rd rice and eyeballed the amount to be close to what he usually gets of his other food.  Is that about right?
Bailey and Mom

Penel

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 12:48:25 AM »
...question: what's the ratio of chicken to rice and how much do you usually feed per meal?  I was feeding probably 2/3rds chicken and 1/3rd rice and eyeballed the amount to be close to what he usually gets of his other food.  Is that about right?

yup.

Hope he feels even better tomorrow.