Author Topic: What's wrong with Bailey?  (Read 2278 times)

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
Re: What's wrong with Bailey?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 04:30:32 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Yup, he's feeling much better and nuttier today  :D ;).  Will get the results later on in the afternoon from the vet. 
Bailey and Mom

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 04:36:53 PM »
Hope it's nothing serious and that he is soon back to his normal self.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 06:32:33 PM »
Just saw this, hope Bailey is feeling even better now  :luv: :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 10:11:56 PM »
Hope Bailey is better today
why are they always poorly when the vet is closed???? 

Bens mum

Offline cheerynature2

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 01:43:33 PM »
my advice is keep a very close eye on the little fella.we noticed our cocker bramble slowed going up and down stairs, wont jump on or off our  bed, took him to vet and ive been told he has a mass in his abdomen :'(it may not be this bad for you though but its a possibility.and when you speak to your vet jot some questions down its so easy to forget what you want to ask when youre sick with worry. ;)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 04:27:09 PM »
What did the test results show Waisis?
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 06:07:22 PM »
Hows Bailey boy hope he is much better :luv: a big cocker kiss from one Bailey to another :luv:
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 07:31:37 PM »
Bailey's pretty much back to his normal self--running up and down the stairs and jumping on and off the furniture as usual ;) He's still on antibiotics and I'm feeding him chicken and rice for a week.  The blood test came back negative and they are supposed to call me IF they find something in the poop sample.  I haven't heard anything about the poop sample yet, but they said it would take longer than the blood work.  Hmmm, if they don't find anything, what should I do?  Just assume that it was some passing bug?  I'm not sure I want to pay more money to get more testing done when he's feeling better already.

The only thing I'm watching for now is that he hasn't gone poop for 1 1/2 days.  A little unusual, but not totally unheard of for this guy.  Hopefully he will go tonight before we go out for New Year's party and I can check out the poop's texture and consistency  ph34r :005: ph34r 
Bailey and Mom

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 08:59:48 PM »
The blood test came back negative and they are supposed to call me IF they find something in the poop sample.  I haven't heard anything about the poop sample yet, but they said it would take longer than the blood work.  Hmmm, if they don't find anything, what should I do?  Just assume that it was some passing bug?  I'm not sure I want to pay more money to get more testing done when he's feeling better already.
Negative for what? What exactly are they testing for?
The only thing I'm watching for now is that he hasn't gone poop for 1 1/2 days.  A little unusual, but not totally unheard of for this guy.  Hopefully he will go tonight before we go out for New Year's party and I can check out the poop's texture and consistency  ph34r :005: ph34r 
Try a spoonful or two of raw, blended mixed veg (eg Carrot/cabbage/apple) with his food. That will help. Only don't be alarmed with the little carrotty bits when they come through!
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 04:04:04 AM »
Negative for what? What exactly are they testing for?

The vet decided he needed a "wellness" blood test which looked at different enzymes and chemicals in his blood to see if there was any specific organ disease.  She gave me a pamphlet on it and here's the link that talks about it, see the 2nd type of test on this page http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/BLOOD-TEST-EXPLAINED.HTM.  I told her he just had that done during his annual check-up which was a few months ago and everything was fine...anyways, like I said, the vet wasn't great and I only went to see them b/c Bailey's vet was not open.

Bailey took a poop tonight YEA!  Regular firmness and normal colour DOUBLE YEA!  He did appear a bit bewildered though when it was happening ph34r.  Either he had forgotten what it felt like to take a dump or it might still have been hurting him a bit, poor guy.
Bailey and Mom