Author Topic: Jessies Spay Op  (Read 11308 times)

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« on: July 22, 2003, 01:08:04 PM »
well its booked in for thurnsay this week, I rang yesterday and they are still sceduled to go ahead as planned, I drop her off at 9.00am  :-/

he said no food from 8.00pm the night before, but I forgot to ask about water, now I cant get through, damn phone lines faulty..

and guess what I wait in all day for bt engineer they just rang, sorry we cant make it, were over booked, so I just scaremed at the lady and now I feel bad  :-[

but before I drone on...what do I do about water....??? vet said all goin well I shoul be able to pick her up again at 6.30pm ish... depending on whether she has started to eat and drink...

now I am scared... her first then son on monday... someone hold my hand  ::)  :-                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 01:55:07 PM »
Hi! Lyndsey try not to worry to much about jessies

op, im sure she will be fine my dog was spayed two years

ago ,and to be honest it didnt realy affect her much at all. she was a bit sleepy the first night , the next day we had problems trying to stop her charging around  ;)

Barb                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 04:25:10 PM »
Hello Lynsey

Just wanted to say hope all goes well next week.  I'm sure she'll be fine and be back to her bouncing self quite quickly.  :)

Hey, isn't it our girls' birthday tomorrow?  1 year old already.   ;D                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 04:36:37 PM »
Hello Lynsey

Just wanted to say hope all goes well next week.  I'm sure she'll be fine and be back to her bouncing self quite quickly.  :)

Hey, isn't it our girls' birthday tomorrow?  1 year old already.   ;D

what with everything I ahd convinced myself it was their birthday today and today was infact the 23rd!!!... been signing cheques as the 23rd aswell...ahem  :-[  daren't tell jessie today isn't her birthday but its now tomorrow... am I a dunce or waht.....going to sit in corner with pointed hat..  ???                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 04:40:49 PM »
Jessie can have water, Lynsey - ours always have before their ops, just no food (try explaining why they can't have their bedtime biscuit when everyone else can ;)) Try not to worry, I'm sure Jessie will be fine in next to no time. Do get some Arnica tablets though & start giving her them as soon as you get her home - I've found they do help to reduce any post-op swelling & bruising:)                    
Jane

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 04:43:24 PM »
right Jane where do I get Arnica tablets??/ rom the vet or health food shop?? or ofcourse online...but then it wont arrive in time, cos its thursday  :o  ::)                    

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 05:14:23 PM »
Hope all goes ok.  Will be thinking about all concerned.                    
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2003, 05:17:02 PM »
right Jane where do I get Arnica tablets??/ rom the vet or health food shop?? or ofcourse online...but then it wont arrive in time, cos its thursday  :o  ::)

Try Boots, Holland & Barrett or any other health food shop :)                    
Jane

Offline markjcage

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2003, 06:31:15 PM »
Daisy had her op a couple of weeks ago. The vet said no food after 7.00pm and no water in the morning.

When I went to pick her up at 2.00pm she seemed ok, but was very groggy when we got home. She just sat around (very un-Cocker) and stared. Then she slept all evening/night. The next day though, she was much better (about 60%) and by the evening she was back to normal.

The vet put a gauze-type cover over the wound which was removed on the Monday (the op was Friday). I was amazed but Daisy didnt lick/scratch the wound at all, never once seemed in pain and the only problem was not taking her for her normal walks.

10 days later, the stitches were removed and I could release the coiled spring!

I'm sure Jessie will be fine too.

The reason we had it done was because we didn't want to put Daisy through having pups, plus the health benefits and we also added up the 3 weeks per season of on the lead walking x 2 per year and it comes to a large portion of her life. Daisy lives for her mad runs on the Downs!                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 06:43:18 PM »
I'm sure Jessie will be fine Lynsey, and your little boy too   :)  

I have to say you're very brave in making the decision, we haven't decided whether or not to have Millie spayed yet  :-

:-*  :-* in advance for Jessie  ;)                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline roy

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 06:52:54 PM »
Hi Lynsey, sorry it's been such a rotten day, I'm sure everything will go just fine for both, and you?? well you just gotta keep like cool, will think about you all.                    

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2003, 08:10:37 AM »
I'm sure Jessie will be fine Lynsey, and your little boy too   :)  

I have to say you're very brave in making the decision, we haven't decided whether or not to have Millie spayed yet  :-

:-*  :-* in advance for Jessie  ;)

thanks Kelly but I dont feel brave now...I feel sick..  :-X  

sure everything will work out, am of today to get the Arnica tablets Jane mentioned, I just need to know the doseage I can give a lardy bum...sure the chemist wont know this at boots will they???  ;D                    

Offline FionaM

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2003, 09:05:05 AM »
Just read this. I'm sure she'll be fine Lynsey. I know just how you're feeling because I was a nervous wreck when Poppy was spayed last year. I used Arnica tablets too and I'm sure they helped her heal quicker. Think I got them from Boots.

I'm sure she'll be so pleased to see you when you go and pick her up and she'll enjoy lots of cuddles and TLC when she gets home  :)

Hope you're not too worried and give Jessie a big kiss from me and Poppy when she gets home  :-*                    
Fiona & Poppy :)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2003, 09:35:52 AM »
[quote author=lynseyloo
am off today to get the Arnica tablets Jane mentioned, I just need to know the doseage I can give a lardy bum...sure the chemist wont know this at boots will they???  ;D

I give 1 tablet every hour to begin with - remember not to touch the tablets with your hands, just tip the tablet into the lid of the pot & either empty it straight into Jessie's mouth or you could crush into a powder between 2 spoons & then empty this onto Jessie's tongue. It sounds fiddly but it's not once you get used to it ;) Also don't give Jessie any food with the tablet - homeopathic remedies shouldn't be given with food or either just before or after a dog has eaten. You can reduce the dose gradually as time goes on - the every hour dose is just for the first day or so.                    
Jane

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2003, 09:55:46 AM »
Jane the chemist said there were two strengths but when I said they were for jessie she said I needed the lower dose 6C   only thing is, how often and how many??  :-