Author Topic: Jessies Spay Op  (Read 11305 times)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2003, 10:10:29 PM »
Good luck for tomorrow.  Jessie'll be just fine.  Morgan sends her a big  :-*                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2003, 01:30:26 PM »
well there was a drama...knew there would be

I took her in at 8.30am and the vet gave her a check and said ok ring us at 1.00pm....all well you would think..

nope I get a call at 11.00 ...we have given her the general and realised she is actually producing milk in her teats so shes having a false pregnancy...  :o I said how did I not see this???

they wanted me to pick her up straight away, which I did, shes now woozy from general afte having no operation, I have medication for her called...errrm Galastop.. something like that... which I ahve to give her everyday for 7 days... then he said he will operate in 2 weeks maybe!..

I now dont think I like my vet... why didn't he see it when he checked her in the morning... I didn't see it though mind you..

he charged me almost £27 for the priveldge aswell...no I am scared to death by the whole thing, as if I wasn't bad enough before this..  :'(  :'(  :'(                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2003, 02:49:43 PM »
AWW Poor Jessie and poor you :o i think he should of noticed , after all its his job, ??? what an awful thing to happen .lots of (((HUGS ))) to Jessie hope your feeling better soon  Barb xx  & Nell   :-*                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2003, 02:59:47 PM »
thanks I need them huggs right now aswell  :'(                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2003, 03:21:25 PM »
FOR   Lyndsey

((( HUGS )))   ((( HUGS )))  ((( HUGS ))) ((( HUGS )))                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2003, 03:54:53 PM »
Poor You Lynsey. It really is best for Jessie to get over the phantom Pregnancy before she is spayed. At the moment her hormones  are all over the place, I think it was a good thing the  vet noticed and has given her some treatment to get those hormones under control before he operated. It`s not that easy to see milk unless you look for it and you know what you are looking for ;)Whenever I have taken any of mine for an op they are handed over to a nurse so it would have been fairly easy to miss I think. :)
It`s alway`s a worrying time when an operation is needed, and you will have to go through the anxiety again, just console yourself with the fact that it will be better for Jessie in the long run. But you may well be a nervous wreck! :o
Tracey :)                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline FionaM

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2003, 07:28:34 PM »
Poor you Lynsey  :( Almost the same thing happened when Poppy was spayed except the vet either didn't notice that Poppy was having a false pregnancy or didn't bother about it and went ahead with the op anyway.

The result was that Poppy's false pregnancy was much worse than it would have been had the op been cancelled, she was miserable, we were miserable and it cost a fortune too  :(

See this thread about it http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewtopic . php?t=638

I know you must feel terrible about it but it's good that your vet didn't go ahead anyway like mine did, it would have been much worse for Jessie if it had gone ahead.

Hope this has helped you feel a bit better about it :-

Fiona                    
Fiona & Poppy :)

Offline Anny

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »
Don't worry to much about Jessies phantom, or beat yourself or your vet up over it.  They are not always that easy to spot, it has happened to me and others i know as well.  Mind you it's a cheek to charge you, they just can't help themselves can they! ::)                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2003, 08:33:40 PM »
poor Lynsey  :( and poor Jessie  :'(  **hugs** for both of you (and have another Vodka and coke Lynsey  ;) )

you would think that it would be a good practice for the nurses / vet that takes in bitch for the spay is aware of how to do a general health check, and how to check for false pregnancies - wouldn't save a lot of trouble ... even if it did mean checking in times took 15 minutes instead of 15 seconds!!

Like Fiona and others have said, at least he noticed (eventually) and decided to tell you instead of continuing like Fiona's vet - this at least should give you some confidence in him  :)                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2003, 10:02:07 PM »
Oh you poor things, all that build up and then that happens. You mustn't beat yourself up though. I'm sure things will work out ok in the long run. Sending hugs to you both.                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2003, 10:42:01 PM »
Sorry, just catching up today. Poor Jessie :( Hope she feels better soon :-*                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2003, 09:14:19 AM »
Thank you for all your lovely words and support  :-*                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2003, 05:41:53 PM »
Poor Jessie and you. One saving grace - it least it's a phantom and not a real preganancy :o                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2003, 06:14:13 PM »
Hi Lynsey

Been away a few days so just catching up ;)

I (like Kelly) am surprised that this happened.  It's good news that it was spotted and that the op didn't go ahead but I think I would ask the question why they don't routinely check for this prior to the general anaesthetic ???

Hope she's OK now Lynsey ;)                    
Mary & Lottie x

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2003, 08:08:19 PM »
Poor Jessie and you. One saving grace - it least it's a phantom and not a real preganancy :o

wouldn't have put it past the tart had she got chance  ::)  but I am one step ahead of her most of the time... except going down stairs or through doors  :-  ;D