Author Topic: Jessies Spay Op  (Read 11324 times)

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2003, 08:09:29 PM »
Hi Lynsey

Been away a few days so just catching up ;)

I (like Kelly) am surprised that this happened.  It's good news that it was spotted and that the op didn't go ahead but I think I would ask the question why they don't routinely check for this prior to the general anaesthetic ???

Hope she's OK now Lynsey ;)

I have the same thoughts on this Mary, but I am just thankfull he didn't proceed anyways, he knows how I feel I have expressed myself, but whats dones done...at least shes ok.. thats my main concern  :)                    

Offline Sue Metcalfe

• Site Member
Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2003, 06:09:45 PM »
Haven't looked at the Forum for ages but am on sick leave at the moment (minor op myself - nasty cyst on back of neck that got infected which eventually meant trip to hospital to sort it)  so thought I take a squint.

I'm sure Jessie will be fine.  Bramble had her op at the beginning of May.  She was totally zonked when we brought her home at tea time and stayed that way till the morning but once the anesthetic had worn off she was a complete drama queen ::) ::).  Couldn't get comfy, kept licking her stitches and she was a nightmare with the "lampshade", kept crashing into everything or trying to shake it off so we gave up on that >:(.  Even resorted to getting the vet to give her extra painkillers.  I'm glad to say this behaviour only lasted three or four days and then she was absolutely back to normal and didn't bat an eyelid when her stitches came out and now the scar is barely visible.

It's a good job we had her done, she is the most outrageous flirt, she reminds me of that comedian who used to say "go on chase me", it's embarassing really ;D ;D.

Her coat is still lovely and glossy and isn't showing any signs of changing yet.  When might we expect to see a change if there is going to be one?                    

Anonymous

Jessies Spay Op
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2003, 07:43:19 PM »
yeah I am sure she will be ok when we finally get around to ahving her op, I have took Fionas advice and got her some baby vests, she looks a picture...hubby had lajor laughing fit  when he saw her..  ;D still it will keep her away from the stitches cos knowing jessie she will hate a Lampshade