Author Topic: Worming  (Read 5227 times)

Anonymous

Worming
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2003, 10:52:49 PM »
Hi all

I wormed Indie a week and a half ago, and ever since then her appetite has not been the same ???  She is eating but sometimes only after me coaxing her.  She was at the vets today for a check on her ears she had been on drops for an ear infection.  I mentioned the worming to the vet and she did say that it can make them a bit off for a few days, but seems quite long to me!  She is on NUTRO and I mix it with pilchards, scrambled egg, tuna and cheese alternatley.  I cant remember now what the worming powder was called ::)  Am I making her into a fussy dog by spoon feeding her? I just don't like it when they don't eat!

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Worming
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2003, 04:52:47 PM »
Emma,

I have been through stages when Lottie has not been bothered about eating and it does get you down and you end up worrying about them.  I wouldn't spoon feed Indie.  The advice given on here in the past is that they cannot starve themselves and will eat if they need it.  It's best to put her food down and if it's not touched within the hour then remove it until the next feed.  She should soon learn that if she doesn't hurry up and eat it then she has a wait for the next one ;)  It has worked with Lottie who has gone through varying degrees of appetites :-  Try not to get too worked up over her meals....I know, easier said than done, but I'm pretty chilled out about it now and I'm sure you will be soon ;)                    
Mary & Lottie x