Author Topic: Jessie had op today  (Read 9413 times)

Anonymous

Jessie had op today
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2003, 02:10:55 PM »
to be hosnt that one was always a tad loose, so I guess thats what happened... but shes well happy its out the daft soppy lop eared bunny wabbit..                    

Anonymous

Jessie had op today
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2003, 12:06:29 PM »
since the removal of said stitch, jessie has also managed to tug at the others ...although not get them out, I rang the vet as my efforts at cleaning the wound (cos it was weeping slightly) didn't seem enough to me, he assures me that even though jessie has torn her stitch holes somewhat, the wounds is still closed and it will settle..  :-  I have started to give the arnica again Jane, as its getting inflamed slightly, I hope this is ok, and cleanin it as you mentioned before, but she isn't impressed...I can tell ya  ;)

is there anything else I can try??? shes still wearing the baby vests, cos thats the only way I can keep her away, and it seems she only got rattled by stitches when they started to heal and get itchy......help!                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Jessie had op today
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2003, 03:00:22 PM »
I'm sure the wound will heal up completely once those stitches are out - some dogs do seem to find the stitches themselves v irritating. Just try & keep the area as dry & clean as poss - I have used a medicated powder in the past when we've had bitches spayed. Jessie might perhaps be better with one of those awful lampshades so you can take the baby vest off & let the air get to the area?                    
Jane

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Jessie had op today
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2003, 06:21:35 PM »
I agree with Jane.  Perhaps the vest is rubbing on them a little too which may irratate her (I'm talking from my own experience of having a c.section, not that I wore a vest :o ;D ;))                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Jessie had op today
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2003, 06:31:38 PM »
I

(I'm talking from my own experience of having a c.section, not that I wore a vest :o ;D ;))
 No Mary it wasn,t a vest, it was a liberty  bodice  ;) ;D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Anonymous

Jessie had op today
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2003, 09:32:55 PM »
well I have for the last few days left it open at the crotch  :o  to let the air waft   ;D  the lampshade will drive her demented I kno..cos son once held up her ears with a sock and she lost it...  ::)  ;D  will keep doing what I amdoing then...it looks dry enough today...                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Jessie had op today
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2003, 09:37:09 PM »
Canine Chemists have something called a "Neck Brace" which is more of a built-up collar with a soft lining, it says it stops wound licking & is less than £3 - might be worth trying ;)                    
Jane

Anonymous

Jessie had op today
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2003, 09:39:16 PM »
hmmmmm do you ahve their web address??? so I can have a butchers at it???  ;D                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Jessie had op today
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2003, 09:50:05 PM »
Not sure if it's on the website, but it's in their catalogue. The website is at http://www.hyperdrug.com/store/default.asp                    
Jane

Anonymous

Jessie had op today
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2003, 09:53:19 PM »
thanks Jane...gonna take a peek now...cos I did look in the pet shop and they dont have anything ...   the recommended a t shirt  ::) I mean hows that different to the vest???  ::)                    

Anonymous

Jessie had op today
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2003, 10:08:13 AM »
just had to add that Jessie had her remaining   ::) two stitches out today, vet said she was a good girl..  ;D  althouh she did try to get out cos I think she thought he was gonna spay her again..   ;D  I bought some more drontal tablets as she will need worming again... and I was surprised at the price...he only charged me £4.60 for the two tablets... I thought I paid more than that before..

the girls boosters are both in November...quite by accident..but how convenient is that???  :o  ;D   she was bum wiggling going into vets...but you should see the one she did when we left  ;D                    

• Site Member
Jessie had op today
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2003, 10:39:50 AM »
Thats cheap that is Lynsey, cos we pay bout £8 pounds

for 3 for our Nell, :o she loves going to the vets, goes in

on two legs with me hanging on the end of the lead, ::)

and just licks  him an slobbers all over him,  ;D Nearly bends herself in two wagging her tail that much

big softie that she is. ;D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Anonymous

Jessie had op today
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2003, 10:47:33 AM »
welli jsut foun a place online that sells em for less than £2 each!.... woohoo...the wonders of the net...  ;D                    

• Site Member
Jessie had op today
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2003, 10:59:34 AM »
..........  WOW .........  dont keep it yourself then.  ;)                    

Anonymous

Jessie had op today
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2003, 11:16:29 AM »
emma's forwading it to you but its here..
http://www.vet-medic.com/product.asp?product=DRON5