Author Topic: First Season  (Read 5749 times)

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
First Season
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2003, 01:09:33 PM »
shes a beauty  :-*  ;)

well if Millie does lose her coat at least we'll have plenty of time to practice our ring craft  ::)  :)                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
First Season
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 01:29:56 PM »
Ok, maybe being a bit dense here but I'm puzzled :- (nope...doesn't take a lot you're right ::))

Does a bitch lose her coat after each season and if so that obviously makes showing very hit and miss?  Katina has just said that it took a year for Emmas coat to grow back so if she was due her season again would you not be back to where you started ???

Still no sign of Lotties season and she's 1 on Sunday :-.  Does having their first season late have any baring on how often they will come into season?                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
First Season
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 01:37:55 PM »
Yes it does make showing a bitch very challenging Mary ;D Ruby is now coming back into coat after 4 months without any but she has also just had her second season so in a couple of months time she could well lose it all again! If she's lucky, she will not lose so much this time - this seems to happen quite often with subsquent seasons so we're keeping our fingers crossed ;)

Having a first season after 12 months doesn't seem to have any bearing on how often a bitch will have seasons in future. Most of our girls are over 12 months before they come into season & they average between 7-9 months for their regular cycle after that.                    
Jane

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
First Season
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2003, 08:31:54 AM »
Thanks Jane ;)  
How long after their season does their coat start to fall?  I can remember you saying that Lottie will lose all her 'skirt'   (just as the colder weather is kicking in too :'( ) Her coats quite fine don't you think Jane, so she may lose more than the thicker coated cockers ???                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
First Season
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2003, 10:26:53 AM »
It varies Mary but it's usually 2-3 months after a season. I'd guess Lottie will lose her skirt eventually but I wouldn't worry about the cold weather - I'm sure she won't even notice ;) Cockers are quite a hardy breed - our gang love being outside when it's cold ;D                    
Jane