Author Topic: possible balanitis?  (Read 5784 times)

Offline debz

• Site Member
Re: possible balanitis?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 05:33:30 PM »
Bailey was at vets on Friday to have anal glands squooze and asked the vet the same question and was told its semen, and not to worry. ;)

They still produce stuff.... theres just no tadpoles in it. ;) :005:
just like men then :005: :005: :005:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 05:37:35 PM »
Oh, blimey, you learn something every day!   :005:

I am quite glad I have a girly  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 05:54:36 PM »
Cheryl posted a link a few months ago when Molo had Balanitis - it has pictures, which might help you decide when to visit the vet  ;)

http://courses.vetmed.wsu.edu/vm552/urogenital/male.htm
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 06:17:48 PM »
Cheryl posted a link a few months ago when Molo had Balanitis - it has pictures, which might help you decide when to visit the vet  ;)

http://courses.vetmed.wsu.edu/vm552/urogenital/male.htm

oh lordy thanx Rachel...I'll check more thoroughly then ph34r

the discharge is not as green as that pic.

Oh Aidee...where are ya!!!! ::)

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 12:02:50 PM »
Ok not happy with the amount of licking now, so taking Aidee to the vets this aft ;)

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »
Hope Aidee is ok.  Poor little boy  :luv:
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 12:52:28 PM »
Hope Aidee is ok.  Poor little boy  :luv:

thanx Louise. He's got a bit of diawotsit now too, so is a little bit stressed :-\ but at the same time full of beanz ;) Glad I booked the appointment now ::)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 02:30:13 PM »
Hope he is ok.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »
Hope Aidee gets on okay at the vets
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »
Well I've not mentioned it too much, but Aidee went through a stage of not letting strangers touch him, he would only let Matt and I touch him ph34r not sure what triggered it, but we have slowly over come it and since I've been on my own I have my work collegues come and visit and neighbours and then we meet lots of people in the woods, so he is much better with people now..especially if they give a biscuit ::)

Anyhow today was his first visit to the vets (apart from a weigh in) since his jabs and I was a litlle bit worried as to how he would cope with being examined :-\

I am sooooooo proud of my lad :luv: he thought the vet was wonderful and was all over her :005: he had his temperature taken ph34r all he did was lift his leg up and kick me....hard to explain ph34r....and then he has his willy looked at, but was as good as gold, didn't grumble and afterwards wandered around the vets like nothing had happened :005: The practice vet saw us in the waiting room afterwards and commented on how stressed he was...not!!!!!
Anyway enough of my gushing  ::) he perhaps has a slight infection at the tip, but its not bad and at the moment we think he's eaten something he shouldn't have..not sure what :huh: to cause the diawotsit.
5 days of anti b's and no food, then chicken and rice. If the discharge doesnt ease off then they'll take a swab.

Goodness I am sooo proud :luv:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
No food for 5 days???????? Grief, you wouldn't want to share a house with Bud if we had to do that to him. We barely make it from meal to meal here! I hope this is just me being a bit thick.

Glad he's not too bad then, and thrilled that he was so laid back at the vets.

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 06:56:13 PM »
No food for 5 days???????? Grief, you wouldn't want to share a house with Bud if we had to do that to him. We barely make it from meal to meal here! I hope this is just me being a bit thick.

No Annette its me not explaining properly .....again sorry ::) he can have some chicken tomorrow ;)

He's going mad now let alone 5 days ph34r

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 07:19:07 PM »

No Annette its me not explaining properly .....again sorry ::) he can have some chicken tomorrow ;)

He's going mad now let alone 5 days ph34r

Offline Simon

• Site Member
  • Tommy Bonaloo
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 11:37:59 AM »
Hmm, now I know what this is then, balanitis. I am assuming I need to take Tom to the vets then, as he is licking a lot, especially through the night. He has made his willy sore at the tip, or is that an infection? Well the scrotum bit, I dunno, no expert on dogs bits!

Can anyone tell me if there is any other side effects? Tom has this thing where he spins in circles, looking at his under cariege/bum, getting aggitated, with something. I've had this investigated by 3 vets and a orphopeidic vet, but never got to the bottom of it. In a way, hopefully, this would be nice if the two were linked.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 09:45:38 PM »
Hmm, now I know what this is then, balanitis. I am assuming I need to take Tom to the vets then, as he is licking a lot, especially through the night. He has made his willy sore at the tip, or is that an infection? Well the scrotum bit, I dunno, no expert on dogs bits! 

Try to overcome your embarrassment and become familiar with them - if he is entire, then his testicles should be checked regularly for lumps, and you really should include his genitalia in weekly physical checks you do, too  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club