Author Topic: What would you do (another phantom pregnancy)....  (Read 2179 times)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: What would you do (another phantom pregnancy)....
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 10:33:51 PM »

This is one of the reason we had Biba spayed after her first season...she had a phantom that lasted about 3 months and i was lead to believe that if they have one they generally have one after every season and i didnt want her to go through that..she really wasnt happy when she was going through her season or phantom

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 09:35:53 PM »
I would also have her spayed !  In fact I would routinely spay any bitch if I wasn't going to breed. I only had one that wasn't and she developed pyometria (which led to her death) it was horrendous.

Cazzie

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:32:29 PM »
I would also have her spayed !  In fact I would routinely spay any bitch if I wasn't going to breed. I only had one that wasn't and she developed pyometria (which led to her death) it was horrendous.

Oh how awfull for you  :'(

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 12:48:04 AM »
poor mellycome. TBH all mine are spayed. so thats my choice.
 It would be far kinder on her Id think. a cousins westie had phantom pegnancies every 6 months until she died. it made her so miserable I dont know why they didnt spey her, they didnt want pups or show her so it wasnt about her coat. she was a poor soul.
 hope melly feels better soon. thinking of you . :luv:

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 12:42:54 AM »
Hows Melly doing now? 

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 01:12:29 AM »
She's doing fine Emma, thanks for asking  :luv:

Her teats are still very swollen looking, they're quite big - almost looks like she's had a litter!  Other than that she's great.  I suppose I should think about making an appointment at the vet to discuss the next step.  As much as I don't want to put her through surgery, I don't want her having phantom pregnancies either  :-\  I'll call them early next week.
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 07:36:45 AM »
It may seem drastic but I would also have her spayed. I am writing from experience.
Our last two cockers were spayed earlier rather than later and they had a long and healthy life in comparison.