Author Topic: Rosie is sad  (Read 4344 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Rosie is sad
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 12:34:28 PM »
When Holly had her liver function test and they dosed her with a really high fat meal, it gave her chronic runs.  I mean chronic too.  Nothing I did seemed to stop them.  Even rice I gave her came out the other end undigested (sorry for anyone eating) ph34r  In the end I gave her just plain boiled fish.  Nothing else.  I increased the amount of fish and then after a few days only started to introduce rice.  Most of the time when my two have the runs I give them scrambled egg but with Holly, that wasn't being tolerated either.  I just went for the plainest, most bland thing I could think of and that was fish.  Don't despair.  I was over two weeks before I got Hols back to normal and was really cross that the vets caused it!! ::)  Big hugs to Rosie and to you.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 12:44:19 PM »
Poor little Rosie. You must be so worried about her but hopefully the antibiotics will help.

Get well soon baby :luv: :luv:
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 03:42:40 PM »
Thanks Sheryl have been to Morrisons and got some white fish  :blink: will introduce slowly starting tomorrow am. (as just spoonful of rice and chicken was going straight though.)
Know what u mean about chronic, its so scary especially as she is mainly passing blood.  :'(

I have been scared to leave her at all today sent my OH to do the shopping.

Hopefully tomorrow will be alittle better.

Jo

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »
Hope it works Jo.  I know when Holly was bad, I was on the phone to the vets every day.  E mails went to and fro too.  I had days when I thought she would never stop running.  As long as she is drinking, I wouldn't worry about the time it takes to get her back on to normal food.  It took me days of just fish, then days of fish and rice and then I think I was adding about 3 biscuits at a time per day of her normal food ph34r  I have all fingers crossed for you that you can stop this in its tracks :blink:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 07:02:14 PM »
This is so similar to what I went through with Florence last summer so I really feel for you.  :'(
I hope Rosie turns a corner soon.  :-* :-*

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 09:29:19 PM »
Have been away so only just seen this.  I am so sorry Rosie is poorly and really hope she gets better soon.  She is such a sweet little cocker.

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 09:33:49 PM »
Hope the fish works for the little one & she soon recovers  :luv:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2008, 07:29:17 AM »
Hugs to Rosie.  :-*

I hope she feels better soon, its such a worry isnt it.  :'(

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2008, 07:48:18 AM »
Hope Rosie starts to feel much better today  :-*

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2008, 08:03:07 AM »
Sorry to hear Rosie is feeling so poorly.  Emily has a very sensitive tum so we have had the dia wotsits loads, so much so the insurance company won't insure her for any gastric problems!  I do hope you've had a good night,and things improve for her today.  ps The white fish helped when we had it, as a good introductory food.  :blink:
Tilly. Forever remembered

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2008, 08:20:27 AM »
So sorry to hear that Rosie feels bad and i can appreciate the fear that always sits in the back of your mind and pops up at time like this, when you.ve had a bad experience in the past :luv:  No advise as you've already had loads of great ones already but (((hugs))) and  :-* to you and Rosie and wishes for a speedy recovery  :luv:
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 11:15:50 AM »
Thanks everyone  :luv: so lovely to have you guys  :blink: You really make a difference  :luv:
Rosie was up just once last night  :D and this morning at 7 am she had 1 tablespoon of cooked white fish, bless her she is so hungry  :luv: it was gone in seconds, so pleased though at least she has an appetite  :blink:
Up till now it has stayed put, hoping she can have alittle more at 12 if all goes well. We are now on day 3 of antibiotics and Pro-Kolin, just praying we see improvement today. Its been so scary.
She has a lovely cold nose and waggy tail but is very thin only weighs 7kg now.  :-\
Thank you all for the support  :blink:
Special  :-* for Sheryl from Rosie she enjoyed her breakfast even though small.  :luv:
Jo

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 11:34:40 AM »
Bless the little lamb.  I know the temptation is to give them more than they should have because you know they are starving :005:  After the 'Holly has diarrhoea' thread it became a 'Holly hasn't had a poo' thread :lol2:  It took a while for Holly to 'go' again, so I started worrying about that then.  Never satisfied eh? :005:  Gentle squishes for Rosie.  I am so hoping this works for her.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2008, 01:45:21 PM »
Pleased to hear she's a bit better and hopefully she'll be back to normal very soon x x :-*

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »
Poor Rosie, hope she back to normal soon  :luv: