Author Topic: 3.1/2 weeks old and killed by the Veterinary Practice - Update  (Read 5607 times)

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
Re: 3.1/2 weeks old and killed by the Veterinary Practice
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 09:37:38 AM »
OMG it beggars belief the appalling treatment that poor little Rosie received  :'( i do sincerley hope you have some come back from the RCVS in my opinion these so called Vets should not be practising, i do hope that little Rio is able to bring you some comfort at this very distressing time.
Take care :-* :luv:
Run free at the bridge Rosie  :luv: :luv:

Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 12:58:07 PM »
UPDATE.......Well what a waste of time the practice manager is!

I needed to ask about insurers, hes really dragging this heels.......basically told me nothing and told me nothing about why the 'nurse' left either, believe me I asked!

Have not told him I've reported this incident to the RCVS - he'll find out soon enough.

I'm fighting for my little Rosie who suffered at their hands and died needlessly.

No other animal at this practice will go through what she did if I have anything to do with it........

Thanks for all your support - its really helping me get through this awful time.  Hugz to all of you who have replied, Me, Rio and Blue x

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 01:02:08 PM »
I am really saddened and angry to read your thread.
I am so sorry that you have had to experience such a terrible thing. I hope and pray that some good comes of this and the RCVS do something about it.
My thoughts are with you at this sad time. I hope that Rio and Blue manage to help to mend your broken heart.
((HUGS)) from Em and Eric  :-*

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 04:17:54 PM »
I only just read this. What a horrible thing to happen.

Please stop feeling guilty, you did what you thought was best.....what ANYONE in that position would have done,and in the end thats all we can do.

I really hope u get justice. Any vet can make an honnest mistake with terrible consequences but what happend to you was just too many to be anything other than neglect, both in terms of care and off ur wishes.

I hope that this doesnt put u off breeding as u sound like you have the dogs best wishes at heart.

xRx

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 04:47:18 PM »
so very sorry to hear your story, I hope you and Rio can find peace and get the justice you both deserve.
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline Bev

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »
i am so sorry you have lost your little rosie,i am crying what  i have just read my love and thouights are with you take care bev xxxxxx

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 06:29:14 PM »
Poor little Rosie  :'(  I hope you do get some answers from these incompetent vets. Like you say. compensation won't bring her back, it should never have happened. I'm so sorry.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 06:38:46 PM »
so sorry to hear about your little pup, how awful of the vets practice, lets just hope some good will come of her death as in that they learn a lesson , its too late for rosie , but if you make a big enough fuss, they just might learn from it , i sincerly hope so >:(
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about Rosie, you are doing the right thing by fighting her case all the way and I hope you get a positive outcome from the RCVS very soon.

Give little Blue extra cuddles, he'll be a comfort to you. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »
I am so so sorry you and Rosie have been through such a terrible ordeal!  I hope you get somewhere with the RCVS soon and that some good might come from your complaint.

My thoughts are with you and yours xx

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 07:00:02 PM »
So sorry  to hear you very sad experience.
My thoughts are with you all.
Sending love.

Offline Lynne L

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »
So sorry to read such a sad story - and how distressing for you. Hope you get some answers both on the medical front and to issue of dignity and nursing care for your poorly puppy.
Lynne and Paddy
xx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 07:19:34 PM »
so sorry to read this thread  :'( :'(  sleep tight baby girl  :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 09:04:58 AM »
UPDATE........Had a receipt from RCVS so they have all the paperwork.  I have had words with the practice manager and dealing with Insurance company direct now - he still has not answered one of my questions and has not shown one iota of compassion either for needless death of this lovely puppy who would have had a very promising future - I had planned so much for her, show ring and future litter ect. I know theres another case going to court with the practice at the moment, a dog with pneumonia who they overdosed on meds and killed......great vets aye??

Looks like the claim for compensation going through - omg I would so rather have Rosie, its not going to bring her back is it??....she could here with her mum, brother and me now, sorry feeling a bit fragile this morning - loosing this pup has been a real kick in the gu*s....Blue is such a sweetie though, not had one with a temperament like this for a long time, so laid back, would have kept him anyway......its just me here, so always room for more dogs!!

Question: does anyone know what will happen with RCVS as 'nurse' (shes not qualified by the way, just had a Diploma in small animal care, should never have been given the responsibility of Rosie) is no longer at the practice? will they still chase it or not?  Also one of the vets (Sam) is not in the country any more, so don't know what will happen with him either?  If anyone does know would appreciate.

Off to see to the puppies (O yes I'm keeping a dog - Paddy - for someone till the end of July, will miss him when he goes 2 weeks on Tuesday) thanks again for all your support.  Julie, Rio and Blue (and Paddy for now!)

Offline niqnet

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 03:01:04 PM »

Unable to answer your recent questions but I'm sure someone on here will be able to.  Just wanted to say that I'm so sorry about everything that has happened!  It's so sad. 

Take care
Niq xxxx
Nicole xxxx :-)