Author Topic: When can she become a free woman??  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
When can she become a free woman??
« on: May 15, 2004, 08:00:33 AM »
Piper will have been in season 3 weeks next Wednesday.  Thing is, how do I know when it is totally safe to allow her to be a free woman again

Generally she is back to normal, smell gone, behaviour back to mad/giddy etc. although she is still the mad sniffer dog - can't stop sniffing EVERYTHING!

Bless her, she is fed up of walks on the lead and wants to go wild in the country again                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 06:54:53 AM »
One of my girls, although she looked and acted normal, didn't actually start to ovulate until day 18, so I would be careful for a little longer.                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 09:24:25 AM »
Thanks Sharon - this might be a stupid question but how do I know when she is ovulating  :?                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 10:00:47 AM »
You don't Louise, although there is a blood test which pinpoints ovulation for breeders. I would be cautious for at least a few more days just in case, though once the swelling has gone right down & there is no more discharge, Piper is probably safe enough.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 10:17:27 AM »
Phew, thanks Jane.  We're still not taking any chances with her until next weekend  :wink:                    

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 11:20:30 AM »
I actually had my girl blood tested, as we're not breeding from her I wanted to be 100% sure she had finished.  Good job we had her tested, I dread to think what might have happened if the children had taken her out for her normal long walk  :shock:

So she's now confined to garden, with careful observation for at least another week to 10 days!                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 02:23:22 PM »
OOOOhhh Sharon, we've actually granted her her freedom as of today  :shock:

Hubby took her around the park 'on the loose' so to speak and she met her friend Roger  :wink:   Hubby assures me that Roger showed no interest in Piper other than to say a quick hello.  Hopefully we'll be okay  :?

Going to get her speyed in August time so hopefully this will be the first and last confinement for her  :D

Thanks for the advice.