Author Topic: Wormer - Off colour?  (Read 5657 times)

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
Re: Wormer - Off colour?
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2008, 08:09:25 AM »
Just an update on the Roxter :luv::
Yesterday there was still some evidence of bloody diorrhea so took her back again to the Vet who has given her a stronger course of antibiotics. If there is still evidence of blood in 3 days then we have to take a feaces sample to be sent off for analysis. However she doesn't have a temp and is back to being her normal nutty self but Vet seems to think there is still some infection present which hopefully the meds will clear up all together.
She's being admitted for day surgery today too for a grass seed removal (thanks for that Amanda ;)) We managed to keep her still long enough for the vet to look inside both ears but she was having none of it when they attempted to remove it. So they are going to lightly sedate her. OH is taking her in at 08:30 and she should be ready for collection sometime this afternoon. I'm on tenterhooks though! I've had to come to work today but i felt awful leaving this morning.  :-\
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-

Offline degusuki

• Site Member
  • Mr.Bones
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »
Big Squishy hugs to you both, you are both having a time of it. Hope that it improves.
Debbie

Offline *AmandaB*

• Site Member
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2008, 02:58:30 PM »
How curious about the grass seed, mum had one at about 12 months old and had to be made sleepy for removal and it was huge!! (the vet kept it for us!) that is what made me think of the seeds thing as the symptoms you described were the same and different from ear mites signs.
Darn seeds!!! just got a load out of mums coat some heading for the skin too. glad that Roxy is on the ups tho and while the blood in the stool is a worry she is happy in herself now which seems to be the most important thing to a cocker!!  :luv:

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »
Well she's back and looks a bit weary but i think she'll probably sleep off the anasthetic tonight. It was quite a big seed and it looked as if it had been in there a while. It had obviously just started to cause a little infection which was why she found it sesitive and kept shaking and so i'm glad we caught it. Other ear looked perfectly healthy. What a relief! That's a bit flukey about Penny too....Like mother like daughter huh!  :blink:

All i'm waiting for now is a nice healthy poo! C'mon Rox' you can doooooo it!  :D
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2008, 07:15:51 PM »
Poor little mite :luv: , she is in the wars.

Great big slobbery kisses from Lucy as she has just had an ear de-grassed and knows just wot its like >:(

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2008, 07:31:01 PM »
Thanks Hamfam give Lucy a squidge from us.  :luv: Roxy is sound asleep now after having some fish and potato for tea and an anti bug tab on top. Thanks for all of your help and info too, it's been greatfully appreciated and I now know far more about worming tablets and their side effcts then i ever did so thank you. A huge lesson learned.  :blink: xx

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2008, 07:52:02 PM »
  :blink:
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline *AmandaB*

• Site Member
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2008, 02:23:41 PM »
An advocate of Advocate? :005:

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2008, 05:06:48 PM »
Yup!  :D

Wow she's soooo much better today. I'm yet to spot a "good" poo but the one she did do didn't have any blood in it. She's been bounding about all day and is back to her usual  bonkers self! Hooorah!
WE've got to visit the vet next week for her booster jab and then hopefully that'll be it....
Roxy dear  :luv:, please don't get sick again...... ::)