Author Topic: Vets fees  (Read 1241 times)

Offline triggpup

Re: Vets fees
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 05:11:57 PM »
This all came about as I thought I really should just check out our local vets even though I`d already booked in at the vets recommended to me.  And I`d forgotten to ask them so I asked the local vets to get an idea of price.  It just so happens that the vets I`ve booked with happen to be alot cheaper.  I would never go looking for the best price for treatment!  So I guess I`ve just got lucky!  If that all makes sense?!!  ;)

Offline BabyB

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 06:05:24 PM »
Katie was spay in Feb and the bill was £165, but they did clean her teeth too.  We live in Poole, Dorset.

If you're happy with a vet, stay with them.  I moved to ours by chance and have stayed with him for 14 yrs, even when he bought his own practice and instead of a 5 min drive it's now 35 mins. I refuse to see anyone else as he's never put a foot wrong IMO.

See what you think of the one you've been recommended too and take it from there.
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
That's odd. :huh:I would expect the quoted price to include all of the necessary parts of the surgery. Including removal of sutures or clips. Be wary of this quote. If they add on the cost of the drip, they may also add on the anaesthetic or any routine drugs.
I also find this odd. Everything should be included, surely?

When I had Bailey castrated about 7 years ago it was £65, I think. He's a little Lhasa cross. Now I'd think it would be about £100 ish.