Author Topic: Lola off to the vets.UPDATE...results  (Read 5525 times)

Offline Jay06

• Site Member
Re: Lola off to the vets.UPDATE...results
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009, 08:42:44 AM »
awww lola  :luv:

Hope you don't feel too bad baby girl  :luv:

Offline Heatherb88uk

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009, 02:46:28 PM »
Hope Lola is coming round well and glad her situation is no worse.  Don't know anything about HD but would add that I use Healthy Direct for my supplements and they are very efficient.  Love to you all, Heather xxx

Offline *Jes*

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2009, 09:22:23 PM »

Thanks Penny...i have no idea what water treadmill is  :huh: and is it hard to find places that will do it...also do you need a vet referral for either  :-\

Hi

I just noticed in our Vets "newsletter" they have an underwater treadmill but it's in Huddersfield,  :huh: just thought I'd let you know.  I'd never heard of one until last week either!

We give Jadie "Flexicose" which is a Glucosamine and Chondroitin liquid supplement for her stiffness.  She used to be on Metacam from the Vets, but we find she does smashing on this.  Jadie has been on it for over 3 years with no sign of the problems she used to get & she's now 16.  It's about £15 for a bottle and would say it lasts about 3 months.

Flexicose has it's own website and apparently the Human formula is exactly the same as the Pet one, just a different label.

Hope all goes well.

Jes & Jadie

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »

Thank you *Jes*  ;)

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2009, 08:55:22 PM »
Was just thinking about Lola. How is she doing ?  Jo x

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2009, 10:01:59 PM »

Awww Jo ..how nice of you to ask :-* she isn't too bad at the minute...she seems happier in herself and the grumpiness she started to have when meeting other dogs has gone...she is back to her playful self with other dogs  :D
she has been on supplements for about 3 weeks now but is still pulling her leg/legs up but not as much and we still hear a click from her back end when she gets up/down...she is starting hydro and physio next week so hopefully that will do her some good  ;)
Bibas not too happy though as we dont play ball anymore when we go out on a walk  :005: as Lola isn't allowed...i do take Biba out on her own occasionally to have a throw about with the ball  ;)
Hope your growing bunch are OK  :-*  ;)

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »

Awww Jo ..how nice of you to ask :-* she isn't too bad at the minute...she seems happier in herself and the grumpiness she started to have when meeting other dogs has gone...she is back to her playful self with other dogs  :D
she has been on supplements for about 3 weeks now but is still pulling her leg/legs up but not as much and we still hear a click from her back end when she gets up/down...she is starting hydro and physio next week so hopefully that will do her some good  ;)
Bibas not too happy though as we dont play ball anymore when we go out on a walk  :005: as Lola isn't allowed...i do take Biba out on her own occasionally to have a throw about with the ball  ;)
Hope your growing bunch are OK  :-*  ;)

I was also wondering about Lola today as Ollie is having his x ray tomorrow!! So glad we have an update!! Seems she is coping quite well with it and you too!! Hope the physio helps!!

L&O x

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »
Really hope the hydro and physio will work wonders for her.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2009, 02:26:07 PM »
I'm glad Lola seems happier in herself.   Hope the hydro and physio help as well.    :-*

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2009, 02:32:51 PM »

Thank you one and all  ;)
Really hope Ollies x-rays go OK and you get good news  :-* let us know how you get on  ;)

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2009, 04:24:48 PM »

Thank you one and all  ;)
Really hope Ollies x-rays go OK and you get good news  :-* let us know how you get on  ;)

Thanks loads - I'm a little nervous as I've no idea what to expect from the results. I'mm PM you so as no to hijack this thread!!

L&O x

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »
So pleased things are better  :luv: its a bit of a rollercoaster you us humans at times.

Let me know how she gets on with her swimming  :blink: Bailey wasn't to keen on the first few sessions but after that she loved it, sometimes it was a struggle getting her life jacket on she was so excited.
Jo