Author Topic: Does anyone else's not drink much?  (Read 745 times)

Offline Coco

• Site Member
Does anyone else's not drink much?
« on: April 10, 2009, 09:15:36 PM »
Wherry drank pints and pints of water but Gizzy rarely drinks, she can go all day without toughing her water and even actually can go a few days without geting through a small bowl's worth. She's always been like this. If I give her half and half milk/water she laps it up but I suspect it's because she likes milk rather than doesn't like water  :huh: Anyone else's? She has a mix of wet and dry food and the wet is very wet but even before when she was just on dry it was the same? Could there be an issue there?
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: Does anyone else's not drink much?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 09:18:49 PM »

Lola only drinks once a day from her bowl...always at night but she does slurp from puddles and streams if given a chance...could Gizzy be doing the same and getting her fluids from elsewhere   :huh:

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »
i find that ellie doesnt drink much from a bowl but prefers ponds or puddles  :huh:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 10:15:27 PM »
Both of mine seem to drink loads  :huh:

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 11:21:29 PM »
Murphy will drink a little all day - Maddi will drink after bedtime biccie and out puddles  ::)
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline superscot

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 12:34:52 AM »
Brea will drink at least 4 times per day

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 01:15:17 AM »
My 4 all drink differing amounts, but Peggy hardly at all to my thinking. However, she's lively, healthy, bright eyed and glossy coated :luv: - she must be getting enough for her needs!
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 11:13:32 AM »
We are constantly filling up the water for our lot, but we do have 10.  :shades: Though they do drink more when they've just had exercise, been fed or when it has freshly been filled and Before Harvey dangles his ears in it.  :shades: They do all definitely prefer what we call wild water though. We have a butt in the garden that catches the rain water with a tap at the bottom and they have a bowel under that. It's funny they go mad for it and que up when we fill it. I wouldn't worry to much. As long as they can always get a drink and their not dehydrated it should be fine. Maybe she doesn't like to drink when your watching as I know some dogs like my little Giz can be funny like that.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 01:21:20 PM »
Gizzy will also drink from puddles and streams and if she has a bone or gets exhausted she will slurp from her bowl  :huh: I'm sure she is happy and healthy, apart from always having that niggling idea about her drinking  :huh: P'raps she just doesn't need that much  :huh:
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline WendyA

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 05:24:30 PM »
Hi both mine get in to water drinking competitions when one sees the other drink - then they also start drinking. I swear they aren't really thirsty. Then some time can go by and they don't seem to drink much at all from their water bowls - and when in this mood they go elsewhere - puddles etc. I find their favourite around the home seems to be rainwater that collects naturally in a bird bath on the patio....
Cockers can be quite perverse....!!!