Author Topic: A bit worried about Alfie  (Read 5736 times)

Offline pip1965

Re: A bit worried about Alfie
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2009, 10:17:56 AM »
I don't know if its any help but i understand there is someone in Framlingham who does the Bowen technique on dogs,her Email is on the ADPT website.
Really hope hes feeling better soon

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »
Thanks for that recommendation - she looks great:

Sally Askew
Member APDT (398), BTER.
GEOTA Cert.
C&G Cert Small Animal Nutrition.
Human & Canine Bowen Practitioner.
Essential Oil Therapist for Animals.
Whole Lifestyle Approach to Living with Dogs, Training, Health and Problem Solving.
Effects of Nutrition on Behaviour
TCM/Energy Work Teacher
Lectures, Courses, Training Classes.

Ive left a message on her answerphone. Sounds like she would have a very good holistic approach to dealing with his problems.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline pip1965

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2009, 10:55:45 AM »
Not really a recommendation as I don't know anyone personally who has used her but I had just been told she awas there .Will be interested t find out how you get on though,certainly have heard good things about the technique generally.

By the way,visited our pup this week he will be comming home on 2 May,will try to posta photo later when i have worked out how to use photobucket!

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »
Well, we've had the blood tests back and there is nothing conclusive!  >:D His thyroid, white blood count, kidney functions, etc are all normal. The only thing was slightly raised potassium but that could be because of the age of the sample.

The vet is going to refer us to either the Animal Health Trust in newmarket or Cambridge Uni for neurological testing.

I want to go straight away to an acupuncturist or chiropractor but OH thinks we should wait a bit.

Will keep you updated. Am really upset because I was hoping to have some answers today!

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2009, 12:12:35 PM »
Oh what a shame you have no answers as yet,  :-\ but try to think of it this way. You have now ruled that out and for that reason I think maybe it is a good idea to try one thing at a time so you can continue to rule things out and then hopefully find the cause. I really hope it's sorted for you soon.  :luv:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2009, 12:25:47 PM »
Sorry you're no closer to a solution  :'(

I have heard amazing things about this homeopathic vet - don't know if he's anywhere close to you but I know that he has done wonders where conventional vet treatments hasn't worked and he does laser acupuncture too.  He is really fantastic with animals and my friends dogs just love going to see him  :luv: :luv:

http://www.homeopathicvet.co.uk/

May pay to get him or another homeopathic vet to have a look and see what their opinions are  ;)

helen & jarvis x

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
Well, we've had the blood tests back and there is nothing conclusive!  >:D His thyroid, white blood count, kidney functions, etc are all normal. The only thing was slightly raised potassium but that could be because of the age of the sample.

The vet is going to refer us to either the Animal Health Trust in newmarket or Cambridge Uni for neurological testing.

I want to go straight away to an acupuncturist or chiropractor but OH thinks we should wait a bit.

Will keep you updated. Am really upset because I was hoping to have some answers today!

I can totally sympathise with how you are feeling - you just need an answer in order to be able to get Alfie on the road to recovery

My heart goes out to you having to deal with all this and not yet finding the light at the end of the tunnel  :luv: :-*

If it were me I would go and see a chiropractor before I went off for neurological testing - but that is just my personal view  :shades: neurological testing would be my last port of call, I would go down all other avenues first

Have you been and seen a cocker savvy behaviourist to see if they have any suggestions to his change in behaviour? They maybe able to see things that you can't (sometimes we can't see the wood for the trees when we are soo emotionally involved) - apologies if you have been down this route already.

Offline Stacey

• Site Member
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2009, 06:16:28 PM »
Aww, sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted from the vets - must be so frustrating and upsetting. How is Alfie now?? Big hugs to you all  :-*

Offline BabyB

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »
I'm sorry too that you're no further forward with the blood tests, but I would look at homeopathic remedies as they do wonders for humans that medical doctors can't seem to sort IMHO ;)
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »

Im so sorry that you have no conclusive medical reason for his behaviour  :huh:
Just wanted to add my support to you all and hope you can get to the bottom of it

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2009, 07:56:15 PM »
Thanks guys. *Brimbeck* has put me in touch with an alternative therapist whose wife shows cockers, so he sounds ideal. I have an appt to see him on Thursday, so will let you know what happens there! Sounds v positive.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3