Author Topic: Jessie's Cancer Updates - she's lost her fight!  (Read 31262 times)

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
So sorry to read this
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline LindyLou

I am so sorry to read about Jessie. Sending you every positive thought and hoping for something miraculous!

Hugs to you and Jessie.
Linda & Baxter

Offline babushka

Very sorry to hear this, praying there's  something they can do. Might be worth looking at this site.
http://petswithcancertryingcv247.blogspot.com/

Offline Cocoa

• Site Member
So sorry to hear this devastating news.  Hoping and praying that the vets come up with something to help Jessie.  Our thoughts are with you ((((hugs)))).

Jackie & Cocoa

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Thanks everyone!!

Jessie has begun her chemotherapy treatment today!   

The vet is still waiting for some results to come through but feels he has enough evidence to start her treatment.   

She is settled and comfortable there so we havent visited as it would upset her more to see us leave her again. Depending on how she reacts to the treatment she may come home tomorrow but it is more likely going to be Friday as they need her to eat, wee, poo etc whilst she's with them so they know she's OK to go home.

This treatment will not cure her....but it will add 1 plus years onto her life and those extra years should be of good quality.....we have said we want her to be able to go the garden on her own and to be capable of short walks on and off lead - the vet thinks she will be capable of more than this if she responds well to the treatment. If all is OK with this first treatment she will be referred back to our vet to continue with the treatment protocol...this is still to be determined....

We are feeling a bit more positive now...even tho she is still very ill the outlook looks much better than we thought it ever could following Mondays news.

I do have a grooming question - she is ready for a trim...in fact more than ready she looks like this   I am not sure we can risk taking her the groomers whilst she is undergoing treatment...but we dont have any clippers here....we have tried clippering her at ourselves but she was doing backflips to get away from us and the clippers...we think it was the noise......any ideas?

Janey

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
not experienced with the clippers but really pleased that Jessie has started her chemo and things look better  :luv: :luv:  Hoping that she has the plus side of the 1 plus years with you  :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
I've only just seen this. The chemo sounds positive and hopefully she can come home to you soon.  :luv:

Offline beebee

• Donator
I hope Jessie responds well to the chemo and she's soon back home with you :luv:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Really sorry to hear about Jessie being so poorly. I hope she responds well to the treatment and praying you get
to spend that 1plus years with your precious girl  :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Sorry to hear she is poorly, but hopefully the chemo will help here  :D

Is she sedated for the chemo? Is it possible that one of the vet nurses would be able to give her a trim whilst she's sedated? Failing that, could a mobile groomer come to the house and tidy her up with scissors if she won't tolerate clippers??

Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Sorry to read this, hope the vets can find something to make her more comfortable, and hopefully give her a bit more time with you,
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
This sounds really positive, hope that they can make her comfortable and that you get many more happy times together  :luv: :luv:

PS I saw her zzzzzz photo in the competion thread - she is just  :luv: :luv:

Offline ollie1

• look at me !
If you ask the vet nurse to use the clippers on her while sedated she should do this for you . they did at my vets for my old dog when he was ill . But vets are all different or otherwise a mobile groomer or even try cutting her yourself with some thinning scissors then it wont look so harsh as normal scissors .... we cut our cocker's legs at the front with thinning scissors also the back of the legs and head it looks alright and i suppose if you have the time and patience you could do all the dog .. PS I'm really pleased you have had some hope for your little girl i hope she's back home with you asap xxx
"The soul can have no rainbows, unless the eyes have shed some tears!"

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Only just seen this, I hope the treatment works for her and you have many more happy years together. Glad things are sounding more positive for you.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
We cut Jarvis with scissors and a stripping comb - perhaps not the neatest of solutions, but he quite often falls asleep during it. So sorry to hear your news and hope that the chemo- does its job.
Robin & Emma & Jarvis