Author Topic: What gives vets the right not to listen?  (Read 1636 times)

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
Re: What gives vets the right not to listen?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 07:12:11 PM »
As I understand it, the Freedom of Information Act only applies to public bodies like government, local authorities and the NHS.  I am not even sure that the Data Protection Act would apply since it was a letter and not an electronic communication. Even if it does, I don't see how I could demand a copy without dropping my vet in it.  But if anything else happens to Cassie, I will storm in there like a rampaging Valkyrie and demand every bit of information they are holding.  After all, I've paid for it ... and pretty substantially too. And I am not going to allow them to do anything else to my dog without making sure their reasoning is factually based. Thank you everyone for your concern. I feel a lot better for it. I hope this story will make any or all of you scream and shout if you think anyone is making stupid assumptions.  I really regret that I stuck by the normal conventions of polite behaviour.  I was an idiot.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: What gives vets the right not to listen?
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »
You were definitely NOT an idiot! It was hardly unreasonable for you to expect to be able trust your vet, who after all, has studied for years to learn how to take care of animals. ::)
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge