Author Topic: bit worried  (Read 498 times)

Offline daydreams

• Site Member
bit worried
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:07:42 AM »
yesterday we took bracken to the vet for her blood test before she has dental work next week.  she has always been 'terrified' of the vet, shaking and trembling each time, not sure why, she has had the normal vet experiences, but has always reacted extremely badly.  when she got home yesterday, she seemed quiet and subdued, left her to it, but today i am a bit worried, she has not eaten, hardly had anything to drink,  her mobility seems hampered, back legs seem week, trying to get up steps.  she is even refusing livercake which is something believe me.  she is so quiet, i will keep an eye on her today and take her to the vet tomorrow,  or today if i get really worried, but what do you think is going on here?

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: bit worried
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:21:49 AM »
Are her gums very pale? If so that could be an indication of shock if she's having a really bad reaction to her vet visit yesterday.

I'm certainly no expert and I don't want to frighten you, but that's something that has come to mind as a possibility from your description of her symptoms and the fact that she is terrified of the vet.

Does your vet have an out of hours contact number? Mine does and it's answered by a vet nurse who talks you through the problem and either advises or gets a vet to phone back. If your vet surgery has something like that you could call them and describe her symptoms.

Hopefully it's nothing worse though than she's just a bit off colour today. Hope she's OK :luv:

Offline daydreams

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:40:35 AM »
hi,  thanks for your reply,

i have checked her gums and they are pink and seem ok.  she is just so quiet, but as i say this is the  normal reaction for her when she has been to the vet.  i will keep a close eye on her today and will contact the vet asap

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:46:42 AM »
No advice to offer you...........but just wanted to say that I hope Bracken is better soon.   :luv:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 12:05:19 PM »
O poor little sausage....it's so awful the state they get themselves into(Finn is terrible when he has his vaccinations so I do sympathise)....hope she is ok :luv: