Author Topic: Can't believe it. Lela is poorly and in hospital. - Lela is home!  (Read 5484 times)

Offline RachelA

We took Lela to the vet this morning as she had diorreah last night and this morning and we found some blood.  She was dehydrated so they have kept her in and put her on a drip. She will be there overnight.

We are so worried and upset.  The vet does not know what is wrong until they do some tests. We have been so careful not to let her eat anything in the garden.  She had an upset tummy when she came home from the breeder and we fed her on chicken and rice and gave her kaolin and she was fine, that was a week ago. Then suddenly she took a turn for the worse last night.  Just phoned the vet and she said she is very 'flat'. 

Any ideas what could be wrong??  We are beside ourselves with worry. She has only been her a week, but is already a part of the family. We love her to bits.

Rachel

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
Re: Can't believe it. Lela is poorly and in hospital. - Lela is home!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 01:59:16 PM »
Rachel I am so sorry to hear little Lela is poorly.
Thinking of you and your family  :bigarmhug: and sending lots of healing thoughts to Lela  :luv: :luv:
Janet & Poppy

Offline grracee

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 02:07:04 PM »
Really sorry to hear that Lela is feeling poorly. Sending :bigarmhug:'s to you & your family & i hope she's feeling alot better soon :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 02:13:26 PM »
What a worry for you  :bigarmhug: .Sending lots of positive thoughts to little Lela  :luv:

When they're so young they can get dehydrated very quickly if they have diarrhoea, so you were absoutely right to take her to the vet this morning. Hopefully it's just a normal tummy bug and the drip and the overnight stay at the vet surgery will put things right.

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »
Sorry to hear that Lela is poorly. She is in the right place though, puppies dehydrate very quickly and its important that they get the necessary fluids. I know its such a worry when they are so little and they are poorly.

Sending you healing  :bigarmhug: and hopefully she will be back with you soon.  :luv:

posted same time as Elaine
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear little Lela isn't well. Massive healing thoughts coming her way.  :bigarmhug: My little black bitch was pretty poorly not long after she came home and had to stay at the vets on a drip, but soon came home and was as good as new in no time. Really hope it's the same for your little one. Sometimes there tums can get a bit upset from all the changes. Really hope she's better very soon. :-*
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 02:18:30 PM »
Really sorry to hear about poor little Lela.

Sending you both lots of  :bigarmhug: and  :luv: :luv: :luv: for a speedy recovery

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 02:37:23 PM »
Sorry to hear about Lela, I hope she makes a quick recovery and is home soon  :luv:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »
So sorry to hear Lela is poorly.  Sending lots of healing thoughts her way and  hope she's back home with you again very soon.  :luv:

:bigarmhug:'s for you all from me and Maggie, I can imagine just how worried you are about your little one.

Lisa
x
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline mooching

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 02:45:48 PM »
So sorry Lela is unwell - well done for acting so quickly. Hoping she picks up really quickly and is able to come home soon.

Offline dogsgalore

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »
So sorry Lela is not well.  We had a similar situation with our lab when we first got her.  She was with us 5 days before she was admitted with a bad tummy bug.  She was on a drip and kept in for about 4 days until they were happy that she was fully hydrated, had a normal poo and put a little weight on.  She is now 2 and a big, strong, frisbee chasing nutter!   :005:

Hope Lela soon begins to pick up and is back with her new family where she belongs  :luv:
Kath, Skye plus Jock and Millie

[img]

Offline miajemima

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 02:56:13 PM »
sorry to hear about lela, mia had a bad tummy at christmas when she was 6months, we took her to the vets and she checked her over and gave us medicine, she was also very flat. it seemed to take forever for her to get better but she got there in the end. such a worry. hope your little one gets better very soon. lynne and mia

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »
Sending lots of positive, healing thoughts for Lela  :luv:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 03:22:47 PM »
I am so sorry to read this  :'(  Poor Lela & what a horrible worry for you.  :'(

Sending lots of caring, positive healing thoughts & hope Lela is home with you tomorrow.  :luv: :bigarmhug:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 03:28:32 PM »
Sorry about your little pupster Lela, sending lots of  :bigarmhug: and best wishes for her speedy recovery.  Lesley & Odie  :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!