Author Topic: Shaking/body trembling  (Read 5437 times)

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
Re: Shaking/body trembling
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
Sorry, only just seen this.

I don't want to scare you but we've just been through a few weeks of hell with Milo. He was clipped and then started to shake uncontrollably. Within 48 hours his temperature was all over the place with highs of 106  :o To make matters worse he'd scratched himself raw all over his chest, throat and ears. We had a few days of things being really touch and go for Milo and its only this week that I've been able to feel confident that he's actually turned the corner.

I don't understand at all how being clipped can trigger such a reaction, like I say, I don't want to scare you, but please be really vigilant, I'd hate for Indie to get as ill as Milo has been.  :-\
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 05:54:39 PM »
Could it be not the actual cutting but if they are shampooed after could it be a reaction to this...or maybe not being dried quickly enough after a bath (body chilled) I don't know - it was just something I thought of.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 05:57:52 PM »
Hi Jeanette :blink:

How is Indie today ?

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
Sorry, only just seen this.

I don't want to scare you but we've just been through a few weeks of hell with Milo. He was clipped and then started to shake uncontrollably. Within 48 hours his temperature was all over the place with highs of 106  :o To make matters worse he'd scratched himself raw all over his chest, throat and ears. We had a few days of things being really touch and go for Milo and its only this week that I've been able to feel confident that he's actually turned the corner.

I don't understand at all how being clipped can trigger such a reaction, like I say, I don't want to scare you, but please be really vigilant, I'd hate for Indie to get as ill as Milo has been.  :-\

Blimey, glad Milo is OK now  :luv:    Well she hasn't shaked at all today  :D, maybe she did have an infection which the vet thought was a possibility and the antiobiotics are kicking in.   She's sleeping a lot and not interested in going out so not forcing her, I'm just glad the shaking seems to have stopped (fingers crossed).   

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 06:26:33 PM »
I'm so glad she seems to be on the mend Jeanette.  :luv: I can't understand how clipping can cause such a reaction either.  :huh:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »
I'm so glad she seems to be on the mend Jeanette.  :luv: I can't understand how clipping can cause such a reaction either.  :huh:

I suppose its hard to say what goes on behind closed doors  :huh: maybe not all groomers are kind and considerate to their clients  :-\

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »

I suppose its hard to say what goes on behind closed doors  :huh: maybe not all groomers are kind and considerate to their clients  :-\

No No No!! It definitely wont be anything like that as the groomer is a friend.  :D
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »

Oooh I don't think Indie was ill because of the grooming in anyway, just a coincidence she got ill at the same time - I always stay when she gets groomed  :D and even if I didn't I trust my groomer completely.  

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2010, 09:16:05 PM »
Has she been clipped before? Is it possibly some sort of stress reaction to the clippers??  :huh:
My Ruby is hand trimmed by our groomer as she wets herself at just the sound of the clippers  :'(
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2010, 09:21:43 PM »
Has she been clipped before? Is it possibly some sort of stress reaction to the clippers??  :huh:
My Ruby is hand trimmed by our groomer as she wets herself at just the sound of the clippers  :'(

Yes shes been clipped for a year now, normally just her back and then feathers and skirt left but trimmed - she had a full clip this time - everything off but it doesn't make sense for a dog to shake for a week after a clip due a clip.    She hasn't shaken at all and shes running round like a loon tonight.    Hopefully the shaking won't come back now shes on antibiotics but when she gets clipped again and if the same thing happens again then maybe there is a link but at this moment I think it was probably an infection - the vet said if it was an infection it could account for the body shaking trying to fight it.    :-\   

I'm just thankful that it appears to have stopped with the tablets and we don't have to go down the full blood test route to identify a potential problem.   

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2010, 09:29:37 PM »
So pleased that she is getting better  :-*

Millie

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »
Lovely to hear Indie is feeling better  :luv:

Offline beebee

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 09:52:15 PM »
I would have thought the shakes were rigors because of the infection, this will explain it better, it's a human explanation, but the same for dogs with infections i guess :-\
http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Rigors.htm

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 09:55:38 PM »
I would have thought the shakes were rigors because of the infection, this will explain it better, it's a human explanation, but the same for dogs with infections i guess :-\
http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Rigors.htm

Thank you, that makes sense especially as she had a high temperature as well.   

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 11:36:10 PM »
Glad Indie is feeling better and hope she continues to improve.  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.