Author Topic: William is having a small operation - good news page 7 - lump was harmless  (Read 5785 times)

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
Re: William is having a small operation - further update page 4 - poorly boy
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2010, 12:24:27 PM »
Hope William :luv: is feeling better today.
Janet & Poppy

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2010, 03:25:06 PM »
Hope William :luv: is feeling better today.
Me too x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Liz F

• Donator

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
Oh poorly William - hope that you are feeling better today  :luv: xx

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »
William was left in the tender care of OH today while Louis and I were at a show and I've just got back and checked him to find that most of the sore patch is looking a lot less pink and is dry, but he must have scratched one area of it which has bled slightly and looks swollen >:(

I'll Hibiscrub then Fuciderm it shortly and watch him like a hawk for the rest of the evening. He has another vet appointment tomorrow morning so I'll get it checked again then. Maybe he'll need some antibiotics to clear it?

My first Cocker had a large wart in the same area and it kept getting infected because he used to scratch it. He had the wart removed and an infection set in that took weeks to clear. Admittedly he was a much older dog and didn't recover from things quickly, but I don't William to get an infection there because I think it's a difficult place for healing anyway.

On the positive side, William has now fully recovered from the anaesthetic and still seems unaware of the suture under his chin :D

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2010, 07:43:16 PM »
Just catching up with this.  Sorry to hear about your precious orange boy.  Hope all his sore places improve.

lxxx
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »
Just catching up with this.  Sorry to hear about your precious orange boy.  Hope all his sore places improve.

lxxx

Same from me, sending lots of healing thoughts to William :luv: :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Victoria25

• Donator
  • Perfect Poppy (almost!)
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »
Bless William, glad he is feeling better.
Poppy is now one! Watch her first year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVqf3TnIL6c

Offline SandraD

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »
Poor William, he really has been in the wars but I'm glad to hear he is feeling a little better. :luv: 

When Monty went in for his neuter whoever shaved his "boy bits area" took so much fur off that he ended up with razor burn, the whole area was incredibly red and weepy for days - my vet was beside herself and couldn't apologise enough - me thinks one of the vet nurses needs a lesson in how to shave a dog properly! ph34r

Please give William a big hug from Monty and me Elaine. x

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2010, 08:39:15 PM »
Poor William, he really has been in the wars but I'm glad to hear he is feeling a little better. :luv: 

When Monty went in for his neuter whoever shaved his "boy bits area" took so much fur off that he ended up with razor burn, the whole area was incredibly red and weepy for days - my vet was beside herself and couldn't apologise enough - me thinks one of the vet nurses needs a lesson in how to shave a dog properly! ph34r

Please give William a big hug from Monty and me Elaine. x

Razor burn is pretty much how I'd describe William's shaved patch and he's now on antibiotics after another visit to the vet yesterday. About half the area is beginning to look better but the rest of it is still weepy and inflamed and it's infected all down one side. It doesn't seem to be irritating him as much though, so I think we're slowly winning.

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2010, 08:51:06 PM »
Glad to hear that Master William is on the road to recovery. Larrikin Louis giving him a hard time, or does he, in some small way sympathsise?  :005:
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2010, 09:02:06 PM »
Glad to hear that Master William is on the road to recovery. Larrikin Louis giving him a hard time, or does he, in some small way sympathsise?  :005:
I felt a bit sorry for Louis when William came home from his operation because he was delighted to see William and kept bouncing up and down in front of him and play bowing. William usually just ignores the attempts to play but was in a very grumpy and groggy state and growled and snapped at Louis without any preamble :o. Louis took the hint :005:

Since then things have been back to normal with the two of them not taking much notice of each other.

Offline SandraD

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2010, 09:23:47 PM »

Razor burn is pretty much how I'd describe William's shaved patch and he's now on antibiotics after another visit to the vet yesterday. About half the area is beginning to look better but the rest of it is still weepy and inflamed and it's infected all down one side. It doesn't seem to be irritating him as much though, so I think we're slowly winning.

Monty had antibiotics too, plus some cream which helped although he wasn't too happy with me getting anywhere near his nether regions bless him. :005:  I hope the ABs do the trick and I'm glad that the boys are getting back to their normal selves!!

Offline Ali R

• Site Member
  • Fairly Useless
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2010, 09:25:31 PM »
Hope William is feeling better soon. Taking blood from the neck seems to be a new thing, Uliss had it done earlier in the year. Seemingly the vet can get alot more blood in a quicker space of time thus reducing the stress of doing it slowly in the leg.

Uliss was really good at it but she is too scared to move at the vets. However Piglet was having none of it, in his usual "DON'T TOUCH ME" drama queen attitude and in the end they had to use his leg.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: William is having a small operation - update page 7 - lump was harmless
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »
Good news :banana: :banana:

The vet has just phoned and confirmed that the lump was a harmless skin tag, which is what she thought anyway, but because it was on his lip it was safer to have it removed while it was tiny rather than waiting to see if it got bigger. If it had got bigger and had been cancerous poor William would have been in trouble.

His neck is healing nicely now, just a bit of infection left, so hopefully that will have cleared completely by Monday, which is when I take him to have the suture removed.

What a relief :D