Author Topic: Acorns  (Read 363 times)

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
Acorns
« on: September 19, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
Well my normal walk is turning out to be a no go area again, for the last few months i have been avoiding it because of grass seeds and now its acorns, my two have eaten a few of them, i know they are poisonous but am not sure if there is any thing i should do when they have eaten them? At the moment they are a sleep.  We won't be walking there for a while longer.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Acorns
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 02:25:32 PM »
Alfie is a devil for eating Acorns too  >:D  Unfortunately they do make him sick & occasionally have an upset tum.  :'(  This usually happens the day after he has eaten them.  :shades: 
At long last though i have found a way to stop him eating them....he carries a hard rubber ball now & because this is more important to him than the acorns it works  :banana:
I hope your doglets are o.k.  :luv: i would def. keep watch incase of any reaction though.  :shades:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 02:43:02 PM »
William and Louis are both acorn eaters too >:D so we have to walk in treeless areas in the New Forest at this time of year. I also have to put temporary fencing across the furthest part of the back garden because a neighbour has 2 Oaks that drop their acorns and leaves there.

I think acorns have given William a mildly upset tum a couple of times, but they don't seem to have any effect on Louis, so although I try to make sure they don't eat them I don't worry too much if they eat a few.

Offline Monstersspaniel

• My one and only
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:41:14 PM »
Millie isnt an acorn either yay

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »
I didn't know acorns were poisonous, Molly keeps picking them up, none eaten yet though.