Author Topic: Virbac Indorex Spray - NOT toxic to cats!  (Read 5598 times)

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
Virbac Indorex Spray - NOT toxic to cats!
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:24:52 AM »
Hi All,

There have been a few threads on bad flea infestations recently and a few people have recommended Virbac Indorex spray to treat your house.

I was concerned about the ingredient Permethrin which is toxic to cats but I couldn't find a spray that didn't contain this.  So I emailed Virbac and this is the responce I got....

Thank you for your enquiry about our household flea spray. The concentration of Permethrin in the spray is too low to cause any toxicity to cats when used correctly. Indorex has been used for many years with over one million cans sold in the UK and we have never had a case of toxicity in cats.
Permethrin can be toxic to cats especially when Dog "spot on" flea preparations are used on cats in error - this is due to the dose being significantly larger.

So I just wanted to make everyone aware that if you do have a cat then you can still treat your home with this spray!

I'm off to order some now!!!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Re: Virbac Indorex Spray - NOT toxic to cats!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 09:55:12 AM »
Hi, can I just warn you to be careful with chemicals when you are pregnant Becky, sometimes these things don't occur to us, but I would be wary of using it if I were you, get your OH to do it and stay out of the way for a while ;)
Just googled it for you and it seems ok when topically applied, not sure about if you inhale it, just want you and bubs to be safe hun :luv:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:00:27 AM »
Hi, can I just warn you to be careful with chemicals when you are pregnant Becky, sometimes these things don't occur to us, but I would be wary of using it if I were you, get your OH to do it and stay out of the way for a while ;)
Just googled it for you and it seems ok when topically applied, not sure about if you inhale it, just want you and bubs to be safe hun :luv:

Oh thank you so much for that!  I wouldn't have even thought!  Yes I will make sure OH does it while I take all the dogs out!

Thanks again.....so many things to be careful of while pregnant, too many to keep track of at times!!!

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 12:52:10 PM »
No problem ;), being pregnant can be a minefield sometimes, things you normally do without thinking can suddenly become a no no :-\
Take care  :luv: Jo
Jo, Belle and Monty