Author Topic: What would you have done…  (Read 1317 times)

Offline ebony girl

Re: What would you have done…
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »
i would have chosen the op........it seemed like the kinder option at the time, i would not have wanted to prolong any problems and at least i would know that there was nothing in there after the op.

if only we could explain our decisions to our beloved dogs, life would be so much easier and without guilt.

stop tormenting yourself, we have to make these decisions as responsible dog owners and your intentions were all good......well done!!!!!

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 11:04:17 PM »
I was in exactely the same situation as you with Jesse about two weeks ago. Jesse was also limping and there was an entrance whole in Jesse's paw. I took him to my vet's expecting them to remove a grass seed. However, after examining it carefully, my vet said that in 90% of these cases, they don't actually find anything, so he recommended to put him on antibiotics and see over the following few days how it goes.

He was right, the antibiotics did the trick (and perhaps the homepathic remedy that helps expell foreign bodies) and it healed within a few days and he hasn't had a problem since. I am now glad that my vet didn't put him through surgery when it wasn't necessary.
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »
I'm with LurcherGirl on this one - but it's an entirely personal choice and neither decision is wrong nor does it make you a bad owner.

Perhaps the only 'wrong' thing was the vet pushing you to have the op.  I far prefer the sound of Vera's vet  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Doogers

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 04:34:58 PM »
Thought I would update you all,

Indie had her dressing taken off yesterday and the wound is well on the mend. I've had to get her a new born babies sock to cover the wound tho to stop her directly licking it all the time  >:(

Everyone on walkies keep pointing and laughing at the Cocker with the Winnie the Pooh sock. :005:

Asia 31/1/2002-24/1/2011

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Great news  :D. Thanks for the update.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 09:32:28 PM »

Glad yo hear that Indie's paw is much better.