Author Topic: Liquid Stools!  (Read 604 times)

Offline Grey Haven

Liquid Stools!
« on: October 28, 2011, 06:58:16 PM »
Hi,

River is just over four months now and has a healthy appetite. She is fed on Butchers and tescos kibble -her diet has not changed.

However for the last 48 hours she has had very loose, runny stools.  She is happy and energetic, looking for her breakfast and tea, gums are a healthy colour, etc.  She's drinking usual amount of water

We've started her on scrambled egg and I'm just cooking up some chicken and rice as we speak for her tomorrow.

Any ideas?  I noticed her front canine tooth is coming down - could it be teething problems? Also she's terrible for picking things up and eating them when we're out in the field (slugs and snails a favourite) - we use Advote on her and she's just been treated today.

We're going to give her until tomorrow, then pop her to the vets Sunday morning if there is no improvement.  if she was listless I'd be more worried,but she's not.... it's just when she has to go she HAS to go!!

Would it be worthwhile me fasting her for 24 hours?

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Liquid Stools!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 07:13:27 PM »
Could be the teething, as a rule they say you shouldn't really starve a puppy :luv: try to steer her away from the slugs and snails (you probably know about lungworm) it could be something that she has picked up and eaten >:( puppies you have to have eyes in the back of your head  :005: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline maddy74

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 11:48:08 AM »
How is River now?

Offline Sasha B

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 11:58:40 AM »
Hi

If it continues today I would definitely make a visit to the vet. Sasha had food poisoning at the start of the year from drinking dirty water when she was out (yes you do need eyes in the back of your head) and required some antbiotics. Once these were given she recovered well.

Hope all is well today though so you can stop worrying.