Author Topic: Stinging Nettles  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Lily Pup

Re: Stinging Nettles
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »
Glad she is flaked out, hope its a puppy thing she grows out of.

I dont want to look like im poking my nose in but is the weed killer safe around a pup?  :-\ I know if was Willow at that age she would of eaten it....  :huh:

Yeah, it said to keeps dogs away for a few hours so I did it late on this afternoon and kept the dogs in in and took them out for a walk so they don't need to be in the garden til tomorrow except for a quick wee last thing which is quick - the nettles are all at the edges so the main bit of garden is clear  :D So as long as she doesn't eat them she'll be fine, sticks are more her thing than plants  :D I don't leave her unsupervised outside at the moment anyway

Offline maddy74

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »
I'm always a bit of a worrier about everything so my advise isnt always great  :005: :005: OH says im paranoid and has asked me a few times if I want him to wrap Willow up in cotton wool for me, "oh yes please, would ya" was my reply  :005: :005:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this post, but had to say I've just had Toby suffer with nettle stings.  He was so distressed.  He was biting his paws like mad and scratching the floors.  He was also rolling around on his back and crying.  It was horrible, poor little lamb.   >:D  He's had a piriton and is settled now, thank Dog.  Just put bicarb of soda on the shopping list.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Lily Pup

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 05:27:23 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this post, but had to say I've just had Toby suffer with nettle stings.  He was so distressed.  He was biting his paws like mad and scratching the floors.  He was also rolling around on his back and crying.  It was horrible, poor little lamb.   >:D  He's had a piriton and is settled now, thank Dog.  Just put bicarb of soda on the shopping list.

Horrid isn't it  :016:  I give Lily half a piriton now before we go out if we're going anywhere where there may be nettles - does the trick for her  :D

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 05:30:58 PM »

Horrid isn't it  :016:  I give Lily half a piriton now before we go out if we're going anywhere where there may be nettles - does the trick for her  :D

Yes, it is horrid.  >:D   I thought the nettles would be too big now for him to walk on.  I decided to take him on the really rough, weedy wasteland today and wish I hadn't.

Offline janandted

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this post, but had to say I've just had Toby suffer with nettle stings.  He was so distressed.  He was biting his paws like mad and scratching the floors.  He was also rolling around on his back and crying.  It was horrible, poor little lamb.   >:D  He's had a piriton and is settled now, thank Dog.  Just put bicarb of soda on the shopping list.
I'm so pleased you resurrected this post .....have just got Exactly the same scenario with Mollie  :'( she is so distressed . Thank Dog for col I have just given her half a piriton,no bicarb unfortunately as we are away in the van.  Hopefully she will settle soon. :016:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 07:19:08 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this post, but had to say I've just had Toby suffer with nettle stings.  He was so distressed.  He was biting his paws like mad and scratching the floors.  He was also rolling around on his back and crying.  It was horrible, poor little lamb.   >:D  He's had a piriton and is settled now, thank Dog.  Just put bicarb of soda on the shopping list.
I'm so pleased you resurrected this post .....have just got Exactly the same scenario with Mollie  :'( she is so distressed . Thank Dog for col I have just given her half a piriton,no bicarb unfortunately as we are away in the van.  Hopefully she will settle soon. :016:

I hope Mollie is OK now, it really is horrible for them and awful for us having to watch them suffer.  I've got some bicarb of soda now so if it happens again, I can put some in a bath of cool water to ease his paws.  You can also make a paste with it as well.  I think it was worse because Toby had his feet trimmed 3 days before so no thick protection there.  And yes, thank Heaven for COL and all the wonderful help/experience available to us.  I would never have known what was wrong with him otherwise.