Author Topic: Whats wrong Toby?  (Read 910 times)

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
Whats wrong Toby?
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:43:10 PM »
Gosh i wish he could talk to tell me?

Woke up this morning and above his eye was swollen. Left him for an hour with hubby and when I returned Tobys face was really swollen.

I rang vet who said bring him down this afternoon but within half hour, his face was going down so I rang and cancelled and said I would monitor it.

Toby been ok this afternoon, not done alot because of rain. He has eaten ok.

But this evening he is drinking alot (unusual for him) and even more worrying, his scrotum is read and swollen. He was castrated 2 months ago and he had recovered well.

How can a swollen face, thirst and swollen scrotum be linked?

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: Whats wrong Toby?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »
Gosh i wish he could talk to tell me?

Woke up this morning and above his eye was swollen. Left him for an hour with hubby and when I returned Tobys face was really swollen.

I rang vet who said bring him down this afternoon but within half hour, his face was going down so I rang and cancelled and said I would monitor it.

Toby been ok this afternoon, not done alot because of rain. He has eaten ok.

But this evening he is drinking alot (unusual for him) and even more worrying, his scrotum is read and swollen. He was castrated 2 months ago and he had recovered well.

How can a swollen face, thirst and swollen scrotum be linked?

not 100% sure but do dogs have glands in inner thigh/groin area??  - could be a 'glandular' thing going on, which could explain his face too but either way, if it were me, I would be getting him checked out just to be on the safe side. ;)
 The swollen eye & face could be a reaction to an allergy of something (& the scrotal area something unconnected) but if the swelling is enough to be that noticeable,  I would get it checked out it   ;)   :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:45 AM »
Well after popping down 3 times in night to "check ok" (he was not impressed to be disturbed!  :005:) Toby seems fine this morning in terms of the fact his face is not swollen and he has eaten and been about his toilet routine!

But his bits (or the sac as shouldnt have bits!) still look swollen. I will keep an eye on him and take him to vets on Wed. Sounds terrible but if I can I would like to avoid the Bank holiday emergency vet fee !

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:38:12 AM »
Do you think he could he have been bitten or stung?  Or maybe stinging nettles :dunno:  If it could be this, you can give a child's dose of piriton  ;)

Could you ring your vet for advice?
Julie and Watson

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 09:06:49 AM »
Do you think he could he have been bitten or stung?  Or maybe stinging nettles :dunno:  If it could be this, you can give a child's dose of piriton  ;)

That was my first thought and piriton should help with the swelling
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »

That was my first thought and piriton should help with the swelling

i agree  :shades:
hope Toby is o.k.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
Not sure how the face and sac swelling could be linked!

Then to add to his "horrible bank holiday" we have hired a carpet cleaner which makes more noise than Concorde!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 01:06:40 PM »
Not sure how the face and sac swelling could be linked!

Easily if he has brushed over/past nettles or been bitten by mozzies - could affect anywhere surely :dunno:
Julie and Watson

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »
just a thought but did you use the carpet cleaner before Toby had the swelling?
If so could it be the chemicals in the carpet cleaner stuff???

Offline emma_and_tilly

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 03:19:48 PM »
It sounds like an allergic reaction to me, Tilly had one last year, I never knew what caused it but gave her a child's dose of piriton, I helped. Hope he's ok, Emma

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »
Wonder why his empty sac would swell - poor Tobes! Face gone down but bits still look abit tender

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »
Interesting, Toby sac now gone down and back to normal but he has a scab there? Wonder if he was bitten there and on face.

Sorry Tobes, telling everyone about your bits  :luv: