Author Topic: Changing dog food flavours  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Gazrob

Changing dog food flavours
« on: March 24, 2018, 01:30:56 PM »
Hi I've been feeding my dog Marley csj fit n fast salmon flavour which has been great for his stomach issues for the last six months but he is now starting to turn his nose up at it. I was wondering if it is a good idea to change the flavour but stay with the same brand. tbe ingredients are slightly different and the protein is also different. Do you think switching is a good idea? Thanks.

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
Re: Changing dog food flavours
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 08:06:17 AM »
I think it really depends on the Dog,

Bea can be funny with her food, although she is absolutely fine if I cook for her especially turkey and rice or anything from the Lilly's Kitchen Book  :005:

I have two flavours of Forthglade and McAdams (Chicken) kibble, I rotate between these every so often and Bea would usually have a couple of days a month where I cook for her and then we are back on the a Kibble.

Bea developed a issue with food after an illness and this is what works for her.

Have you thought of getting a sample of the other flavours to see if Marley likes it ?

Offline Gazrob

Re: Changing dog food flavours
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 09:18:38 AM »
Hi thanks for the comment. I've tried him on a small amount of the other kibble and he ate it. As I say he's totally fine with his kibble just now and again he leaves some which he never did when I first tried him on it. Anyway I've ordered some so hopefully he will be fine with it and not get an allergic reaction to it.