Author Topic: Evolution discontinued?  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Evolution discontinued?
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:18:23 PM »
We are off on our trip to Europe in 2 weeks, just tried to order two 7kg bags of Evolution from Pets at home, to be told it is now discontinued. Googled it, and ca't locate it anywhere, it seems it really has been discontinued. So I have to find a new food for Dylan in two weeks before a holiday, when he does sometimes get a tummy upset when he goes away, what a time to introduce a new food  >:D. Stocked up with Canikur for any resulting squitters.
 Such a shame, it was a really good food, and he did well on it.

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Evolution discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:33:18 PM »
My boys are all on Tribal Turkey TLC and are doing really well on it. It is a cold pressed food, cooked at really low temperatures and you don't have to feed too much (good job as it is a tad expensive)

One thing I did find when changing over from other kibbles or even wet cooked food, it was best to leave a good 5 hours between feeds or the two tend to 'argue' in the stomach. In the end I bit the bullet and fed them it solely probably a bit quicker than is the norm.

Anyway I have put the link up so you can have a look. They do free samples too.

https://www.tribalpetfoods.co.uk/?sid=ss65uh8a7e890tb5sipeaam8l5
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 05:48:27 PM »
Thanks Mudmagnets, I looked at their site, looks interesting. Trouble is, we are off in our Moho in 2weeks for 3 months, to France and Germany, and we do not have the facility to,store three months worth of wet food. I have to take enough dry food to keep consistenty as I don't want to buy something in a foreign country where I probably can't understand what all the ingredients are. Plus when we go away he can get a bit of a tummy upset, so consistency is the key. I've had a look at Barking Heads, which I fed him as a pup, so I may order a 12 kg bag of that, which will almost get us through the 3 months.

Lesley and Dylan

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 06:36:49 PM »
Thanks Mudmagnets, I looked at their site, looks interesting. Trouble is, we are off in our Moho in 2weeks for 3 months, to France and Germany, and we do not have the facility to,store three months worth of wet food. I have to take enough dry food to keep consistenty as I don't want to buy something in a foreign country where I probably can't understand what all the ingredients are. Plus when we go away he can get a bit of a tummy upset, so consistency is the key. I've had a look at Barking Heads, which I fed him as a pup, so I may order a 12 kg bag of that, which will almost get us through the 3 months.

Lesley and Dylan

Tribal is dry food, available in 2.5 or 12kg bags
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:43:05 PM »
Lesley, do let me know if you need any help with food or translating ingredients, more than happy to help!  ;)  There‘s a chain of pet food retailers here called Fressnapf which I can recommend, they carry a pretty good range of products and the staff are generally quite helpful.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 07:30:46 PM »
Thanks MM, I will look at it again. We have had to change our van imsurance, plus modify our house insurance, and my head is spinning with reading policies, deciphering jargon etc, so reading up on dog food ingredients is frazzling my brain  :dunno: :dance04: it never rains  :badmood: I’m just worried about upsetting his tum.

Tomorrow is another day  ;)

Thank you Jayne, I will bear that in mind

Cheers
Lesley and Dylan

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »
Thanks MM, I will look at it again. We have had to change our van imsurance, plus modify our house insurance, and my head is spinning with reading policies, deciphering jargon etc, so reading up on dog food ingredients is frazzling my brain  :dunno: :dance04: it never rains  :badmood: I’m just worried about upsetting his tum.

Tomorrow is another day  ;)

Thank you Jayne, I will bear that in mind

Cheers
Lesley and Dylan

You will certainly need your break.

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 07:56:49 PM »
I hate it when they do this, it's not easy choosing a food in the first place  >:D

Forthglade are changing there Dry recipe, with Bea's condition but I need the know the Calcium, Vitamin D and Phosforus levels, can they tell me in advance NO !

Thankfully there are some very good Kibbles out there now, but it's just finding the right one and right on top of your Holiday   >:(

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 08:14:25 AM »
Millies wolfheart is an excellent food and they do say it doesn't upset their tummies when you change over.     Delivery is also very quick.   Ollie and Poppy are both on the Gamekeeper kibble. 
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 01:10:05 PM »
We are off on our trip to Europe in 2 weeks, just tried to order two 7kg bags of Evolution from Pets at home, to be told it is now discontinued. Googled it, and ca't locate it anywhere, it seems it really has been discontinued. So I have to find a new food for Dylan in two weeks before a holiday, when he does sometimes get a tummy upset when he goes away, what a time to introduce a new food  >:D. Stocked up with Canikur for any resulting squitters.
 Such a shame, it was a really good food, and he did well on it.

Lesley and Dylan

Can I ask you about Canicure?  I'm looking for something to keep on hand after Ozzy and Jess's tummy upsets recently.  The one I can get from the vet is the paste, and the tubes look almost identical to the Canicure one, but costs £28.95 ( >:() for the 60ml tube.  I also find them really inaccurate as to dosage as Ozzy needs 3 mls at each meal and Jess needs 5mls - and the tube is marked in 2 ml sections, almost impossible to be accurate.  Have you used the tablets or do you use the paste?

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 01:34:07 PM »
The first time we had the paste from a vet in Gairloch and it was very expensive. We were so glad to get to a vet after some days in the wilds with a poorly dog we happily paid up. Then I got some tablets for another trip, which are more convenient. Then in France last year we had to find a vet to get some for his upset tum, and it was about 21 Euros for the paste. I have now got a tube of paste and two boxes of tablets from Pets at Home, ready for three months in France. Dylan has 4mls of the paste. It costs around £8.50 from PAH, and the tablets are £9.50. I wouldn't leave home without it now, and will always keep some in the doggie first aid box. Brilliant stuff. You can get it from PAH online.

Lesley and Dylan

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 02:09:41 PM »
The first time we had the paste from a vet in Gairloch and it was very expensive. We were so glad to get to a vet after some days in the wilds with a poorly dog we happily paid up. Then I got some tablets for another trip, which are more convenient. Then in France last year we had to find a vet to get some for his upset tum, and it was about 21 Euros for the paste. I have now got a tube of paste and two boxes of tablets from Pets at Home, ready for three months in France. Dylan has 4mls of the paste. It costs around £8.50 from PAH, and the tablets are £9.50. I wouldn't leave home without it now, and will always keep some in the doggie first aid box. Brilliant stuff. You can get it from PAH online.

Lesley and Dylan

Just checked incase you need it here  ;), - 60 ml. paste costs around €22 and the tablets are around 12 euros, ( those are online prices)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 02:57:44 PM »
Thanks Jayne, fingers crossed I won't need it, but forewarned as they say  :D

Lesley and Dylan

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 10:22:10 PM »

Lesley and Dylan

Brilliant, thanks for that. I'll be getting some very soon.