Author Topic: I Have A Confession....  (Read 16155 times)

Penel

I Have A Confession....
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2006, 06:29:04 PM »
A homeopathic vet is a fully qualified conventional vet before they do extra training to be a homeopathic vet........... not sure what you mean about it not working for the big things !!!  ok homeopathy can't magically sew back on an injured limb - but for Lola it has definitely made a huge difference with her "setter" skin problems.  I personally have had some tremendous results with homeopathy, I guess its another thing that until you have seen success yourself you are bound to be sceptical.

I'm not recommending people feed a diet of factory farmed chicken bones  :)  I think you are slightly exaggerating Shona  ;)   My dogs eat organic chicken carcasses, organic lamb ribs and various bones, organic pork bones - and tripe, mainly.  Lots of variety, apart from Lola who is allergic to everything apart from the pork and tripe.
They also eat tinned pilchards, sardines, and healthy left overs.   :)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
I Have A Confession....
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2006, 07:09:30 PM »
A homeopathic vet is a fully qualified conventional vet before they do extra training to be a homeopathic vet........... not sure what you mean about it not working for the big things !!!  ok homeopathy can't magically sew back on an injured limb - but for Lola it has definitely made a huge difference with her "setter" skin problems.  I personally have had some tremendous results with homeopathy, I guess its another thing that until you have seen success yourself you are bound to be sceptical.

I'm not recommending people feed a diet of factory farmed chicken bones  :)  I think you are slightly exaggerating Shona  ;)   My dogs eat organic chicken carcasses, organic lamb ribs and various bones, organic pork bones - and tripe, mainly.  Lots of variety, apart from Lola who is allergic to everything apart from the pork and tripe.
They also eat tinned pilchards, sardines, and healthy left overs.   :)
[snapback]182863[/snapback]

That's my point - your dogs I'm sure don't eat unorganic, but not everyone has that availability, and aren't feeding organic, in which case I wonder how much difference it makes.

My comment about homeopathy means I think in combination with medicinal products, yes, I think it can have a small effect, but it's very different clearing up a skin allrgy to treating a dog with cancer, and the stakes are much higher, I think you'll find a lot of people like the idea- but when it comes to the crunch, will happily take the conventional treatment. I'm one of those people - I keep arnica in the house, had a home birth drug free - but had there been a problm, I would have been straight off to hospital.

Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)