Author Topic: Bananas anyone?....Update - and dried ones too!  (Read 8461 times)

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
Re: Bananas anyone?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 06:05:40 PM »
I never realised just how many banana skins get discarded outside until I had to pull one out of Disneys bum and then I became a lot more observant  ph34r

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:  Sorry

My two love bananas, apples, carrot, broccoli etc etc etc, actually come to think about it they love everything  :005: :005: :005:

I missed this one  :rofl1: :rofl1: .....forewarned is forearmed, thanks for that  :rofl1:

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 11:26:58 AM »
Harry just adores fruit and veg and will go mad for banana.  He makes me laugh as when I open the fridge he usually sticks his head in, ignores things like cheese and ham and goes straight for the cherry tomatoes  :D

We have had to stop 'growing our own' in the garden as he stripped all the tomatoes, blackberries. blackcurrents as they grew and even dug up potatoes, which worried me as I know raw potatoes are not good for dogs, noth that he ever seemed to have any ill effects. ;)

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 06:42:27 PM »
Harry just adores fruit and veg and will go mad for banana.  He makes me laugh as when I open the fridge he usually sticks his head in, ignores things like cheese and ham and goes straight for the cherry tomatoes  :D

We have had to stop 'growing our own' in the garden as he stripped all the tomatoes, blackberries. blackcurrents as they grew and even dug up potatoes, which worried me as I know raw potatoes are not good for dogs, noth that he ever seemed to have any ill effects. ;)

That's amazing, I bet there are a few parents out there wishing their children were as keen to eat their fruit and veg  :lol2:.

Go Harry  :clapping:  :luv: :luv:

Offline Megatron

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 08:07:39 PM »
Just offered Meg a piece of banana and she turned her nose up at it. That's a first!

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 09:09:48 PM »
Caoimhe will eat literally anything, I don't know if she actually 'likes' stuff or not because she operates an 'inhale first think later' policy at all times.

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

That made me laugh out loud, Fizz employs the same policy :005:
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
Re: Bananas anyone?...Update - and dried ones too!
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 11:33:25 AM »
Thought I would share my very useful new doggie treat in the form of organic sun dried banana chips!

I've been buying them for me for ages :004: but tried Maisie with them and - whoosh, gone! They are delish, dry and non-sticky so I stick a few in my pocket to share if we go out for a few hours. I'm sure too many of them are as bad for her as they are for me  :lol2: but they are natural and organic! No added sugar in them, just 'nanas but I admit I am a little worried about the glue-effect and doggie teeth health so all opinions on that one gratefully received!

Anyway, here they are and special request, if the pooches don't like them please post to me  :005:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=3012

Offline max15

• Donator
Re: Bananas anyone?....Update - and dried ones too!
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012, 02:05:18 PM »
Jessie loves bananas, but she is a cocker who like everything :005: even stole the runner beans direct from the plants right up to the height she could reach.  Have to say no ill effects :005:

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 08:51:20 AM »
Jessie loves bananas, but she is a cocker who like everything :005: even stole the runner beans direct from the plants right up to the height she could reach.  Have to say no ill effects :005:
I found Kooki pushing an upturned bucket next to the runner beans last year and using ti to reach up a bit higher as she had already eaten all she could reach from the ground!!  If she does it again this year I will try and get a piccy!
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline max15

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »
Your runner beans must be irresistible, would love to see that picture  :005:

Offline Lily Pup

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 09:53:44 AM »
Lily loves banana's, I did hear that they have to be well ripened, the green ones may cause issues, she also loves pineapple and oranges.  I have on occasion when I can see her wandering around looking for trouble  :shades: put a whole satsuma on the floor for her to play with/ eat!!!  Mind you she did get a shock when she accidentally put a hole in the rind and the juice squirted out  :005: 

Offline jo.ebony

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, 10:30:24 AM »
Ebony loves bananas! I've got a great pic of her eating one, you'd think she was a person, I'd post it here if I knew how  :005:
She'll eat more or less anything I'm preparing apple, mango, grapes, cucumber, lettuce!! Strange doggy! Although she didn't really like onion. Watching her eat a cherry tomato is so funny, she'll keep picking it up and spitting it back out until she can puncture the skin  :005:

Offline Clare B

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2012, 12:11:10 PM »
Well she's a clever doggie because I've read somewhere that onions are really bad for dogs.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2012, 01:43:01 PM »
Ebony loves bananas! I've got a great pic of her eating one, you'd think she was a person, I'd post it here if I knew how  :005:
She'll eat more or less anything I'm preparing apple, mango, grapes, cucumber, lettuce!! Strange doggy! Although she didn't really like onion. Watching her eat a cherry tomato is so funny, she'll keep picking it up and spitting it back out until she can puncture the skin  :005:

Grapes (and raisins) are poisonous to dogs. The actual toxin hasn't yet been identified and some dogs are unaffected but even one or two grapes or raisins can be fatal. Onions are poisonous too.

http://www.best-dog-food-review.com/68427.html

Offline jo.ebony

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
OMG! I'm such a bad mummy  :'(, I never knew they were poisonous  ph34r
She's only ever had a couple of grapes and she was fine, I suppose its like some dogs that eat chocolate and are fine (i won't let Ebony go anywhere near choc) She won't be having anymore.

Thank god I read this thread

Offline jo.ebony

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »

Grapes (and raisins) are poisonous to dogs. The actual toxin hasn't yet been identified and some dogs are unaffected but even one or two grapes or raisins can be fatal. Onions are poisonous too.

http://www.best-dog-food-review.com/68427.html

I've just read this list! And I feed Ebony mushrooms too, she loves them! I can't believe there's so many poisonous foods for dogs. I feel so bad for feeding them to her  :'(