Author Topic: Digging!!  (Read 800 times)

Offline Terry24

Digging!!
« on: November 20, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »
My 9 month old working Cocker has taken to digging craters in the lawn.  He works so quickly it's often impossible to stop him in time.  He almost seems to be hearing or smelling something under the lawn and is trying to dig it out.  Any ideas on how to stop him would be really appreciated!

Offline mcinnd

• Donator
Re: Digging!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
I don't think there is a solution with in my case it was not only the lawn but also the flower beds when they were going through the adolescent stage.
My two have grown out of it, so sorry you'll just have to put up with it.
David
Dolly & Silkie

Offline JackieT

• Ziggy - working cocker
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 12:04:10 PM »
My 16 week old Ziggy does this. Yesterday, he suddenly started digging and within seconds had dug up a hazelnut. Bet the squirrels aren't pleased.  :005: :005: That makes me think its targeted and he's after something, rather than it just being random digging.

That said, we were on a walk where there was a children's play area with sand. We were waiting outside for the children and I thought he would dig to Australia and I'm pretty sure that's just for the fun of it.

Offline Mandy and Teddy

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 12:48:01 PM »
No squirrels in Australia so unless a rogue seagull buried a chip Teddy is digging to meet up with Ziggy half way to England  :005:

Offline JackieT

• Ziggy - working cocker
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 01:28:18 PM »
No squirrels in Australia so unless a rogue seagull buried a chip Teddy is digging to meet up with Ziggy half way to England  :005:

:005: :005: He's certainly working on it!

Offline lesley3165

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 07:33:17 PM »
Start charging for rounds of golf :005:we had a nine hole one when meg was digging in the garden. She's nearly two now and appears to have mostly grown out of it in the garden but not on the rug ph34r

Offline HJandKatie

• Loki - Working Cocker
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 07:46:24 PM »
Loki likes digging up the gravey band round the edge of the house, especially as they refill themselves several times a day (grr)

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
Another digger here, Honey is two and still hasnt grown out of it. Some say its boredom but she even did it at agililty class the other day >:D
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline karenl

• Amber
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 11:11:51 PM »
This reminded me of an incident that happened to us on a walking holiday in the Isle of Wight last May, the walk leader had stopped us all to tell us about the beautiful views all around us and as we were listening to him our dog Amber was digging a hole with ambition behind us !when we turned around there was a huge great hole and Amber with mud all over her   :005:
Best of it is ,she never digs normally ! It was embarrassing but funny !